Chapter 23

A/N:

Song to listen to at the end of the story

I really like this cover, so imagine that it's Noah who sings.

------------------------------------------------

I was in my kitchen, a cup of coffee in my hand and my eyes glued to the shattered cell phone against the wall.

After throwing it at the wall, I decided to take a walk aimlessly.

I bought a new iPhone, which was still in its box next to me. I didn't want reality to hit me again, not yet.

I didn't want to see those fucking images again.

I didn't want to read that fucking message.

I didn't want... I don't want anything.

I snapped out of my trance when I heard my apartment doorbell.

I looked confused, I took a sip from my coffee cup and then I put it down on the counter.

I walked towards the door and when I opened it I felt a cold sweat.

"Hey" Elizabeth said softly.

Her eyes were swollen and I could still see some tears coming out of them.

I wanted to hug her and was about to, but the photos and the message came crashing into my head.

My brow furrowed and I sighed heavily.

"C-can we talk?" She asked with a shaky voice.

"I can't, I have to go to work" I answered curtly.

"Noah, please just..." She tried to say, but I cut her off.

"I have to go to work, Elizabeth" I said again in a harsher tone.

Before she could say anything, I closed the door.

I stuck my forehead into it and squeezed my eyes shut. A few seconds later I opened them slowly when I began to hear the sobs coming from the other side.

"Fuck" I whispered.

I went to my room to get my things to go to work.

I cleaned the remains of my old cell phone and took the new one placing it in my backpack.

I finished my coffee and then took my car keys.

I opened the door nervously hoping that Elizabeth was no longer there and she wasn't.

When I got to the clinic my mother quickly took my arm leading me to her office.

"O que aconteceu?" She asked quickly.(What happened?)

"e você viu as fotos, já sabe o que aconteceu" I answered sitting in the chair in front of her desk.(If you saw the pictures you already know what happened)

"Você falou com ela?" I ask again and I denied.(Have you talked to her?)

"Ela foi ao meu apartamento esta manhã" I said looking at her while biting the inside of my cheek "Mas eu não quero falar com ela". (She went to my apartment this morning) (But I don't want to talk to her)

"Noah..." She tried to say but I interrupt her.

"Por favor, não, mãe" I said biting my lower lip "I'm sick of being given the damn pity talk". (Please no, mom)

"I wasn't going to give you a pity talk" She said taking my hand since she had leaned on her desk in front of me "I was going to tell you that she deserves to know what you think and you deserve to know why"