Chapter 9

SURPRISE!!! 

Two updates in one day.

I hope you like this chapter.

------------------------------------------

Elizabeth POV

I know, I'm an idiot.

And I think Noah will never forgive me after what happened the other day.

I was scared when I realized what was happening and what people would say if someone found out that I cheated on my husband with who was once my best friend.

Who the fuck am I kidding? I liked kissing him, I liked feeling his hands on me, the way his lips ran down my neck were stuck in my mind.

"I have to fix this" I said taking my cell phone and my house keys.

I walked up to Noah's house and the door was immediately opened when I rang the doorbell.

"Lizzie, we weren't expecting you" Ana Carolina said with a smile.

"I'm sorry for coming unannounced" I said quickly entering the house.

"You are always welcome" She said softly "Come, we are in the kitchen"

I walked past her and greeted everyone when we got to the kitchen.

"Um I don't want to be rude, but I need to talk to Noah" I said getting up from the stool.

"Lizzie..." I heard Caio say while he looked at Ana "We have to tell you something"

Noah POV

After almost 30 hours, I finally arrived in Tanzania.

I was obviously sad to have left my family and friends, but there was nothing I could do. Here I have my work and practically my life.

When I removed my luggage and Max, I went to the exit where Kai was waiting for me.

"You're finally back" My co-worker said "We missed you"

"Me too" I said hugging her "Thank you for coming to pick me up"

"Don't worry" She said laughing.

We got into her Jeep and she drove to where our cabins were.

The place where I work gives us free lodging and they are small but very comfortable cabins.

We have incredible green areas and we are one hour from where you can find lions, giraffes and all those animals you can imagine.

What I like about this place is that when I wake up in the morning there is always a Chimpanzee sitting on the deck chair outside my cabin.

"Peanut missed you" Kai said, taking me out of my thoughts "Since you left, she used to sit on your deck chair every day waiting for you to come out"

"Oh please don't tell me that. You're going to break my heart" I said sadly at the thought of the cute Chimp.

"Speaking of heartbreak" She said suddenly "Did you see her?"

"Yep" I replied letting out a sigh.

"Apparently it didn't go well for you" Kai said softly.

"Mmm" That was the only thing I managed to say.

Kai respectfully didn't ask any more questions to which I thanked.

When we got to the place, I thanked her again. I got my luggage and Max down from the Jeep and when I walked towards my cabin I ran into Peanut.

"Hey girl" I said with a smile and she started making her typical chimpanzee sounds "Yeah, I'm back"