Chapter 21 Part I

I woke up with a weight on my body. I slowly opened my eyes and smiled when the first thing I saw was blonde hair.

Lizzie was sleeping peacefully on top of me and obviously I wasn't complaining.

I took my cell phone that was on the night table and saw that it was 10:30. I put it back where it was and began to gently stroke Lizze's back.

"Good morning, Lizard" I said softly trying to wake her up.

She moved a little and buried her face in my neck.

"Come on, Liz" I said laughing.

"No" She said in her raspy voice.

"Then I can't take you to our date" I said pouting.

She quickly raised her head and looked at me still half asleep.

"I'll get up" She said, giving me a smile.

She came closer putting our lips together and we smiled at the same time during the kiss.

"Good morning" I said again.

"Good morning" She replied, looking at me tenderly with her beautiful green eyes "So... Where do you plan to take me?"

"It's a surprise" I replied laughing.

Lizzie settled in, sitting on my stomach and my hands went to her hips.

"Give me a clue" She said pouting.

"Picnic" I said laughing.

"Okay, a fair answer" Lizzie laughed too "So let's not waste any more time"

"Wear something casual" I said, taking her hand.

She nodded and leaned in to kiss me again.

When Lizzie went to shower, I took care of preparing the sandwiches for the picnic and a cold pasta in case anyone was still hungry. I packed some snacks and also two bottles of water and juice.

After taking a shower, I put on black shorts, a white t-shirt, my vans, and I kept a gray sweatshirt in my backpack in case it got cold.

I asked the twins for a car so we could get around and when we got to our first stop, Lizzie looked at me surprised.

"The Botanical Garden?" She asked excitedly and I nodded "I hadn't come to this place in years"

"The last time I came to this place was with you" I said as we got out of the car.

I took the backpack from the back of the car, closed the door and when I walked towards Lizzie she had her eyes on me.

"The last time I came here was with you too" She said, giving me a small smile.

"Let's hope this isn't the last time" I said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

When we were about to start walking, I stopped her and she looked at me confused. I opened my backpack and from inside I took out a black hat with a wave on the front and put it on her head.

"Done" I said making her laugh.

Lizzie took my hand and I looked at her nervously.

"I want to enjoy this day and not worry about anything else" She said giving me a small smile.

Lizzie came up to me and kissed me gently.

I smiled at her and we continued on our way.

Our first stop was a small bonsai museum. Lizzie looked at each of the little trees as if it were the most amazing thing in the world.