Chapter 27

I was so fucking tired.

The night before I didn't sleep well and doing the full shift I didn't get much sleep either.

I had time to go look for Max at my apartment, so he wouldn't spend the night alone and when it was time to go I slept for a few minutes in my car.

"Fuck" I said yawning when I jumped awake.

I knew I shouldn't be driving in these conditions but I needed to get home. When I came to a red light my eyes began to close again and I decided that the best thing was to go to the house of someone I knew who was closer.

When I got to my destination, I got out of my Jeep taking my backpack and Max behind me.

I walk towards the door and ring the bell. I waited a while and when I had no answer I rang the bell again.

I took a deep breath and decided to go back to my car when I didn't get an answer. But as I turned the door opened.

"Noah?" I heard ask behind me.

I turned back to the door and there was Lizzie half sleepy.

"Sorry, I know you hate being woken up but I was falling asleep while driving" I said embarrassed.

"Come, come" She said quickly "Go to my room"

I heard her close the door behind us as I walked into her room.

"Max, come here" I heard her call my dog.

I took off my sweatshirt and t-shirt, to later change my jeans for a pair of sweatpants.

I lay on the bed and while I was getting comfortable, Lizzie entered the room.

She turned off the light and quickly got into bed, snuggling into my body.

"You have to give me lots of kisses for waking me up at this time" I heard her murmur into my neck, which made me laugh.

"I will give you all the kisses you want" I answered caressing her arm that was on my chest.

When I woke up I smiled to see that Lizzie was still snuggling up to me.

"Good morning sleepyhead" She said running her index finger across my chest.

"How did you know I was awake?" I asked making her raise her head to look at me with those beautiful eyes.

"Your breathing changed" She answered leaving a kiss on my chin as she settles on my lap.

"Hi" I said adjusting myself to be with my back against the back of the bed.

"Hi" She said softly.

"I think I owe you something" I said making her smile immediately.

"Thank goodness you didn't forget" Lizzie said moving a few inches closer to me.

"How could I forget that I must give you many kisses" I said approaching her to shorten the distance.

I kissed her lips gently. Then I kissed her right cheek to continue with the left, her forehead, I kissed her nose, her chin and kiss her lips again.

"Bom dia, linda" I said separating myself a few inches from her. (Good morning, beautiful)

"You should sleep a little more" She said looking at me sadly "You look tired"

"I'm fine, Liz" I said reassuring her "What time is it?"

"Almost noon" She answered, settling on my lap "And you came home at almost six in the morning"

"I got enough sleep" I said taking her hands "And I promised you that I would help you with your garden. No buts"