Chapter 30

Finally wednesday and I'm nervous as fuck. You probably already figured out why I'm like this.

My leg hasn't stopped moving since I managed to sit in my desk chair.

"If you keep moving like that you're going to finish a hole in the floor" I heard my mom say from the door.

"I'm sorry, it's just..." I tried to say but I was obviously interrupted.

"You're nervous" She said laughing "Everything will be fine"

"And if she says no?" I asked running my hands through my hair.

"Noah, Lizzie is just as in love as you" My mother answered laughing "It's impossible for her to say no"

I sighed deeply, closing my eyes and felt my mother leave a kiss on my head.

"You should go earlier, so you have time to get ready" She said softly.

"I have one patient left" I said opening my eyes to see her smile.

"I'll take care of it, you just go" She said laughing "Come on, before I regret it"

I got up quickly, took my backpack and kissed my mom's cheek.

When I got to my apartment I quickly went to take a shower since in an hour I should go for Lizzie.

"Okay Max" I said looking at my dog "With or without a tie?"

My dog looked at me confused almost saying what the fuck are you talking about.

"Okay, no tie" I answered automatically.

I put on my black dress pants, shoes, and a jacket.

"How I look?" I asked Max turning to him and he just barked.

Before leaving my apartment, I made sure that everything was in order.

On the way to Lizzie's house, I stopped at a flower shop and bought a small bouquet for her.

When I got to her house and rang her doorbell, I felt like I was going in slow motion.

Lizzie opened the door and I felt my legs turn to jelly when I saw her smile.

"Hi baby" She said kissing my lips softly.

"Hi" I said nervously "These are for you"

"Tulips" She said taking the bouquet "They are beautiful"

"Are you ready?" I asked lost in her gaze.

"Yes, just let me put these in a vase with water and we can go" She answered taking my hand to enter her house.

I saw Lizzie disappear and after a few minutes she came back to where I was.

"Are you OK?" She asked laughing.

"Yes, it's just that..." I answered nervously "You look beautiful and I'm speechless"

Lizzie wore a black dress, with a V neckline. Heels of the same color and her hair was loose.

"You really know how to treat a woman, De Oliveira" She said approaching me to kiss my lips "You are not far behind with that suit"

She kissed me once more and took my hand to leave towards our destination.

"So where are we going?" She asked taking my free hand.

"It's a surprise" I answered laughing.

"Won't you give me a single clue?" Lizzie asked again pouting.

"Nope" I answered without looking at her because I knew that if I did I would tell her where we were going "I'll just say that you should make yourself comfortable"