Chapter 3

It was obvious that she had come for this.

"What do you want to talk about, Elizabeth?" I asked turning to her.

"I need answers" She replied without taking her eyes off mine.

I crossed my arms and noticed that she had blushed when her gaze passed over them.

"Answers?" I asked giggling "I can't believe it"

I decided to go to the living room where my dog Max was.

"I want to know why you broke your promise?" She asked walking behind me "You promised me that we would go to the University together and that we'd never be apart"

"Well, sometimes promises are broken" I said turning to her.

"But I want to know why" She said again "Why did you decide from one day to the next to study in another country?"

"Because of you, Elizabeth" I said irritably "I made that decision because of you"

"Because of me?" She asked confused "What did I do to get you to make that stupid decision?"

"You have to be kidding me" I said running my hand through my hair "You really don't remember?"

"I wouldn't be asking you" She answered frowning.

"I left because you broke my heart" I said in a sad tone "I decided to break my promise, because I fell in love with you"

*Flashback*

Lizzie and I were in my room watching a movie. I felt that my hands were sweating from the nerves since I had decided to confess my feelings to her.

"I can feel how hard you're thinking" She said, suddenly turning her head to look at me.

"It's okay" I said giving her a small smile.

"Come on, you know you can trust me" She said sitting down in front of me.

"It's just... I've been wanting to tell you something for a while and I haven't found the words to do it" I said looking at my hands.

"You can tell me anything" She said taking my hand.

"Lizzie I..." I started to say letting out a nervous sigh "I've been feeling things for you for a while now" I continued saying avoiding her gaze "I'm in love with you and there's not a second that I can't stop thinking about you. When I see you, you light up my day"

I decided to raise my head to look at Lizzie and her expression made me swallow dry.

Lizzie let go of my hand, got up from my bed, and walked out my bedroom door.

*End Flashback*

"I... I thought you were joking" She said nervously.

"Do you think I'm going to joke about something like that?" I asked surprised "Apparently you never knew me well"

"Noah, I'm sorry" She said softly "We were kids and I don't think we would have worked out"

"Okay" I said biting the inside of my cheek.

I started moving from one side to the other, I wanted to cry.

"Noah" She said approaching me "Are you still in love with me?"

"No" I blatantly lied.

"So, can I get my best friend back?" She asked supporting her hand on my cheek to caress it with her thumb.

"Yes" I said trying to avoid her gaze but it was impossible.

She smiled wrinkling her nose and then put both arms around my neck, pulling me into her body to hug me.