𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣. 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩

The way of water connects us all. It has no beginning and no end. The sea is around us, the sea is our home. Before our birth and after our death, our hearts beat in the womb of our world.

Neteyam, if I had to choose a mate every life that I lived from now on.

I'd choose you. Forever.

Reí snuck out from her Marui, eager to see the boy. Walking fast towards the secluded area where he once found her, praying to Eywa. She was nervous, pacing back and forth, taking deep breaths.

She finally kneeled down, praying once more. "Great mother, is this the path that is right for me?" She whispered.

"Reí-" He placed a hand on her shoulder. Ny'reiya took out her knife and turned around, pinning the boy to the ground. She held the sharp object against his throat.

"Easy!" He held his hands up. "It's just me." He pushed her hand away slowly. Ny'reiya's ears lowered. "You should know better than to sneak up on me like that."

"I'm sorry." Neteyam held his body up, she remained sitting on his lap. They were now facing each other, inches away.

"I hate when you apologize." Reí whispered.

"I know."

He examined her facial features, looking back at her lips. "Why have you been avoiding me?" The innocence in his voice almost made her heart ache.

She knew all well the only reason she avoided being close to him and dismissed him every time they were alone was for the reason that her mother would disapprove and possibly disown her. Maybe even forbid her from becoming the next Metkayina chief after her father.

Her lips parted, searching for the correct answer to give him. "My parents would be disappointed if they found out."

"Found out about what?" Neteyam asked. "There is nothing wrong with teaching Toruk Makto's oldest? You are only teaching someone who acts like a child to know better."

She smiled at his words, he was referring to the time where she was teaching him how to ride an Ilu. She scolded him and called him a baby. Incapable of being taught.

"Your smile is beautiful." He whispered, placing his hand on her cheek. Ny'reiya's heart began to beat faster, she raised a hand and placed it on top of the one he had on her cheek.

"They would be disappointed to find out that my heart belonged to someone from the forest." She finally answered. Reí placed her other hand against his heart.

"You have a strong heart, Neteyam. You are a strong warrior, but they would never approve. Especially my mother." She added, her smile faded as she looked down.

"I won't force you, you can forget about me if that's what you desire." Neteyam nodded slowly. "You may choose your mate. A man that is worthy of you, one that will take care of you."

"I've already chosen him." She whispered, staring deeply into his eyes. "But he must also choose me."

Neteyam became close, enough that Reí could feel his erratic breaths across her face. "He already has."

He leaned in completely, pressing their lips together. Her hands traveled down to his chest, while his cupped her cheeks.

It was tender and sweet, it felt like it lasted forever. She was in complete bliss as he lifted her up. His lips traveling down to her neck, kissing it softly. Her arms went around his head, not wanting to leave this moment.

When they parted, they were left breathless. Panting and craving more, Reí couldn't contain the smile that took over her lips. Neteyam admired everything about her, from looking at her lips to her cheeks that he cupped as their lips pressed against each other.

"I'm yours, Neteyam." Reí took his hand. "My body, my heart, and my soul belong to you if you let me have yours."

"I see you, Ny'reiya." He intertwined their hands together. His tail hugged hers as he rested his forehead against hers.

"I see you, Neteyam."