𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚. 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙫𝙚

"Please don't tell me you're mad at me." Neteyam bit his lip. His hands cupped Ny'reiya's cheeks.

She grumbled and placed her hands on his biceps. "I can't stay mad at you, but what you said to your brother was uncalled for." She closed her eyes.

"I'm sorry, my love." He placed a kiss on her forehead.

She sighed and nodded, looking at the patterns on his dark blue skin. Tracing them slowly with the tip of her finger.

"I know this is sudden but...do you ever think about what the future holds for us?" Neteyam asked. The sudden question made Reí's eyes widen a bit.

"It's a bit too early for that, Tey." His lips curled into a small smile when he heard his nickname. "But...sometimes I do think about what the future holds for us."

She laid her head on his chest, closing her eyes. "I imagine my life being a bit difficult as the next chief of the Metkayina people. Especially with having a mate from the forest."

"At least you can say your mate is Toruk Makto's son, a mighty warrior." Neteyam joked.

"You must brag about being Toruk Makto's son don't you?" She giggled. Neteyam laughed and sat up, facing Reí.

"When I first came here, what did you think? About me of course."  He took her hands and intertwined them with his.

"I thought you were a skxawng, I had no patience when teaching you. I found you cute but impossible to teach." She shook her head.

"But you fell in love with me? How ironic." He cupped her cheeks and kissed the tip of her nose. "It's not my fault that I found you beautiful and irresistible that I couldn't not be around you."

Reí's cheeks became dusted with blush as she pressed her lips against him. Neteyam quickly placed his hand on the back of her head, pulling her in.

Without breaking the kiss, he laid her softly on the sand. His lips made their way down her neck. Reí's lips parted, pants of pleasure coming out of her mouth.

"Neteyam." She said trying to get his attention, to which he ignored and continued going down her neck.

"Neteyam." She said more sternly. His lips left her neck, he finally looked up at her. "Hm?"

Reí placed her hands on his chest. "I promised your siblings that I would take them to the cove today."

He groaned and stood up, reaching out a hand for her to take. Once he lifted her up, he planted a kiss on her forehead. "Some other time then?" He asked.

"We'll see." A smirk was planted on her lips. She took his hand and held it until they were near the village. Meeting the rest of the Sully children, who were waiting for her arrival.

-

With Tsireya and Rotxo with her, they took Toruk Makto's children to the cove of ancestors. "This is the Cove Of the Ancestors, our most sacred place." Reí announced. "Eclipse is the best time of day to be here."

"It's beautiful." Kiri whispered. Tsireya looked over at the siblings, smiling at their amazement towards the view.

They watched as eclipse hit, giving them the most beautiful view of the cove. On their Ilu, they rode more into the area, where the Spirit Tree was.

"This is it." Tsireya looked over at the siblings. "This is the Spirit Tree."

Once they reached the Spirit Tree, Ny'reiya helped Neteyam connect his queue. He was reluctant at first, considering he wouldn't know what the Spirit Tree would show him, let alone Eywa.

Neteyam closed his eyes.

He was in Hometree, where his parents came from. Neteyam furrowed his brows, looking around to see if he saw anyone familiar.

His vision went black, a bright light took over. Neteyam was in the islands, with Ny'reiya.

She looked older, had tattoos on her face and body. She had a different attire on, attire for chiefs. Reí had became the next leader.

"Reí." He whispered. Her eyes were set forward, towards the Marui pods.

"Mom." A voice called out. He stepped forward, to see who was next to Ny'reiya. Only to find a little girl, who had similar features of him and Reí. She had dark blue skin, with spots of turquoise and ripple-like stripes.

"Our child?" Neteyam asked, turning to Reí.

She remained silent, handing their daughter's hand over to Neteyam. Stepping forward, she placed a hand over his chest. "I see you, my Neteyam." She signed. Their daughter hugged Neteyam's leg, tears began streaming down her cheeks.

"Ny'reiya?" He scrunched his brows, reaching out his hand for her to grab. Her hand hovered over her chest. She closed her eyes in pain and fell to the ground.

Her hand had become covered in blood. Ny'reiya looked up at Neteyam, her eyes became red with tears flowing down.

A gunshot wound had appeared on her chest. "Ny'reiya!" He yelled, running towards her. Neteyam quickly placed his hand over the wound, applying pressure on it.

"Ny'reiya please, tell me this is some kind of sick joke." He cried. "Please, my love."

Before Ny'reiya could say anything, Kiri began convulsing. He ripped away from his queue and swam over, dragging her up the surface.

Ny'reiya helped Neteyam pull Kiri towards his Ilu. "Come on!"

"Kiri!" Tuk shouted. "Kiri what's wrong? What is it?!" She looked back and forth between Neteyam and Reí for answers.

"Tuk!" Ny'reiya pulled her close to her and began comforting her. "She had a seizure."

"Is she breathing?" Rotxo asked.

Neteyam pulled her lips open and began blowing air into her mouth. Tsireya and Rotxo held her head up from the water.

"Is she breathing?" Rotxo asked once more.

After what seemed like forever, Kiri began coughing. She was unconscious but finally breathing slowly.

"You must hurry and get to the village! Hurry!" Tsireya looked over at Neteyam.

Neteyam adjusted Kiri on his Ilu, holding her close to his body. "Let's go!"