𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙤. 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜

Neteyam's arms swayed as he walked on the ship with his hand gripping his bow tightly. He was in undeniable rage, and so was Ao'nung.

He followed Reí's brother as they walked up behind a few soliders. Ao'nung adjusted the way he held his spear and got in a position, ready to ambush them.

Neteyam grit his teeth and nodded, lunging forward and taking out each and everyone of the soliders with Ao'nung by his side. He took out his knife and repeatedly stabbed one of the bodies of the sky people.

He turned his head sharply towards one of the soldiers who was aiming his gun towards him, Neteyam hissed and bared his teeth as he removed his knife from the dead soldiers body. Ao'nung pounced on the soldier from behind, piercing his heart.

Ao'nung screamed war cries and bared his teeth at every soldier he killed, throwing their body into the water.

Neteyam gripped one of the sky people's throat, tightening his grip around it as he took off the soldiers exo-pack with his other hand.

He was tired of having his family suffer, his lover was now dead. Killed by one of the sky people. Ao'nung watched as Neteyam crushed the soldiers bones.

Ao'nung was filled with rage as he attacked the sky people and took them out one by one. They had killed his sister, someone whom he looked up to.

Suddenly, Neteyam's eyes shut and his body fell overboard. He had been hit in the back of his head by a solider. "Neteyam!" Ao'nung called out.

"Go! Get out of here! That's an order!" Jake Sully grabbed Ao'nung's shoulder. Tonowari and Neytiri were behind the legend, ready to fight the remaining soldiers still on board. "Get Neteyam and bring him to the island."

Ao'nung gulped and nodded, diving into the water. He made calling sounds to his Ilu and swam towards Neteyam's floating body, which was quickly sinking.

His Ilu began to swim fast towards the Omatikaya teen. Ao'nung grabbed his arm and pulled him on top of his Ilu, taking him to the islands.

-

Eclipse had gone by, the sun shined through the Marui Pods. Neteyam woke up and looked around, quickly realizing that nothing had changed. Kiri sat beside him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Neteyam, do not blame yourself for her decisions. She did it to protect you."

"Her decisions caused her death." Neteyam whispered. "I should've forced her into staying on the islands, away from the danger."

"Neteyam, she knew what dangers would come her way if she chose to go down this path and fight for her people." Kiri pursed her lips.

"She's not coming back, Kiri. She was my mate, my soulmate." Neteyam grit his teeth. "And now she's gone!"

A tear trailed down Kiri's cheek. "I spent all night trying to bring her back to us."

Neteyam whipped his head towards her, in hopes of hearing good news. "Then what?"

She shook her head slowly and looked down. "The scar of the bullet wound healed but she was unresponsive."

"We must get ready." Kiri frowned. She lifted herself up and walked over to Neytiri, helping her prepare the offerings they would place next to Reí's body.

Without saying anything, Neteyam left the Marui Pod and made his way to Reí's. Lost in his thoughts, he paused for a moment and closed his eyes to keep his composure.

Back at Ny'reiya's pod, her arms slowly went around her mothers body. She was confused, yet happy that Eywa had given her another chance at life. "I don't understand." Reí looked around. "How is the scar already healed."

Ronal shook her head. "Kiri stayed up all night to try and bring you back, to heal you."

"Where's Ao'nung? Tsireya?" Ny'reiya asked.

"Ao'nung is resting from the the fight." Ronal responded. "Tsireya has been treating his wounds."

"What? What do you mean? He's wounded?!" Ny'reiya quickly lifted herself up. Ronal placed a hand on her shoulder, making her sit back down.

"He's fine, he is strong." Ronal reassured. "Neteyam and your brother went after those demon blooded Na'vi's."

Ny'reiya sighed in relief, placing her hand over her heart. "I'm so sorry I was hard on you, I just wanted you to become a strong warrior. A strong Metkayina chief for our people. I was scared for your future and only wanted to protect you, but I know I can't take back everything I put you through. I just hope you will forgive me someday." Ronal began. "You were my pride and joy, my sweet warrior."

Reí's lips curled into a small smile, taking her mothers hand. "I see you, mom."

"I see you, Reí." Ronal smiled softly, and walked out of the Mauri.

Reí sat in silence as the tips of her fingers brushed along her chest. The wound that had pierced her was now healed, only leaving a scar. She closed her eyes and threw her head back, chuckling at how close she was to death itself.

"Reí?" A boy's voice called out to her.

She opened her eyes and looked towards the entrance of her Marui Pod. Her eyes softened as they fell on Neteyam. Reí quickly lifted herself up, slowly walking towards the boy. "Neteyam?"

Neteyam lunged forward and pulled her into a tight embrace. "Ny'reiya." He whispered.

Reí's arms quickly went around him, her tears couldn't be contained anymore. "I'm so sorry." She cried.

"Don't apologize, ever." He demanded softly, pulling away from the embrace and cupping her face. "Don't ever do that, ever again. You scared me half to death."

Ny'reiya laughed as more tears flowed heavily down her face. "I promise I wont, I wasn't planning on it anyways."

Neteyam sniffled and planted multiple kisses on her face. "Do you know how much I missed kissing your beautiful face?"

She smiled softly and placed her forehead against his, closing her eyes. "Ma Neteyam."

For all eternity, the daughter of the Metkayina chief and Toruk Makto's son's love would be unbounded, a love that was unlimited. A love that was eternal and could never be broken. They were two lovers who were willing to kill for each other, die for each other... live for each other.

War was over

For now.