𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙫𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣

In the early morning, Tonowari and Ronal swam out- way past the reef. There was an odd feeling in Ronal's stomach, a sign that bad energy was about to come their way. 

They swam up to the Tulkun and her calf, tears began to flow out of the Tsahìk eyes. Her spirit sister Roa and her calf floated above the surface, lifeless. Ny'reiya pursed her lips together, trying to contain the tears from coming out of her eyes. 

Ronal got on top of Roa's fin, looking back towards her deceased calf as gasps escaped her lips. She placed her hands on the skin of Roa, bowing her head as she tried to process that her spirit sister was now gone. 

"Her name is Roa." Tonowari spoke as he watched his lover mourn. The other Tulkun circled around the five Na'vi. 

"She was my spirit sister." Ronal finally said. "She was the composer of songs. We would sing together." Ny'reiya's heart stung seeing her mother in such state. 

"She waited many breeding cycles to have this calf." She cried. "The clan was so happy for her- we celebrated the birth of her baby." 

Her voice was broken, she was at loss of words. Her spirit sister, whom she loved so dearly had been killed. Along with her calf. 

"What is this Tonowari?" She looked towards her mate. "What is this!" 

Ny'reiya's ears lowered, she wiped the tears that were trailing down her cheek. "You need to go back home." Tonowari whispered to her. "Now." His voice was stern, he was attempting to hide the fact that his heart had been broken into pieces as he saw his mate in distress. 

"Yes, father." Ny'reiya nodded and instructed her Ilu to head back to the village. 

"I need to seek answers from the great mother." She whispered. Iri turned and headed towards the Spirit Tree.

-

Ny'reiya swam closer towards the sacred tree and pulled out her queue, connecting it to it's roots. 

Her vision went white. Ny'reiya looked around and quickly spotted the Marui pods, noticing that some were destroyed and in flames. 

She scrunched her brows and looked down, holding her hand up. Blood had appeared on her hand, and so did a bow on her other. Her heart beat increased as she walked around, watching as many Na'vi ran towards the water and hopped on their Ilu. Swimming towards a large ship, screaming war cries. 

"Ny'reiya! We need to go! Now!" A voice called out. She turned to the side and met Neteyam's eyes. He was gesturing her to follow him. 

"Neteyam?" She whispered. 

"This war has come to us!" Tonowari shouted, holding his spear up in the air as he directed the warriors towards the ships. 

 "I want to go home." Neteyam said in pain. 

Ny'reiya quickly turned back towards Neteyam, who was now lying down on the ground. Holding his hand up to his chest. "Neteyam!" She ran towards him, dropping to her knees as she reached him. 

"Neteyam!" She applied pressure to the wound that appeared on his chest. "Ny'reiya." He managed to choke out. 

"My Neteyam." She cried. "You're going to be okay, I promise." She looked around helplessly. 

"Who did this to you!" She asked frantically. Neteyam looked at her, his eyes slowly became lifeless. "Ny'reiya, I." He whispered. 

His voiced trailed off, he look one final breath as his eyes became lifeless. Ny'reiya placed a hand on his cheek, not realizing Neteyam was gone. 

"Neteyam..." She whispered. The realization quickly hit, she placed her other hand on his cheek and lifted his head. "No, no, no, no." 

"Neteyam!" She let out a blood curdling scream, lifting his body up to hers. 

Ny'reiya's eyes finally opened, she quickly swam up to the surface. Iri quickly swam towards her and helped the teen adjust herself on top. Her heart was pounding as she left the Cove of Ancestors. 

What did this mean for her.