𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣. 𝙥𝙖𝙮𝙖𝙠𝙖𝙣

"A Tulkun saved me, I'm telling you!" Lo'ak tried convincing the others. "I thought it was going to attack me but it didn't, it lifted me up to the surface so that I could breathe."

Ao'nung kneeled down. "The Tulkun have not returned yet." Not believing a word Lo'ak had been saying to them. "Either way, no Tulkun is ever alone."

"Well this one was." He persisted. "This Tulkun had a missing fin, a stump on the left side." He pointed to his left arm, which he held up.

Ny'reiya's ears lowered at the words that came out of Lo'ak's mouth. "Repeat that again, Lo'ak."

"I said he had a missing fin, a stump on the left side." He repeated. "Why? What's wrong?" He furrowed his brows, looking at Tsireya for answers.

Tsireya looked over at her sister. "Payakan."

"Who's Payakan?" Neteyam asked.

"A young Pulu who went rogue. He's an outcast, alone, and he has a missing fin just like Lo'ak described." Rotxo explained.

"They say he is a killer." Ny'reiya added.

"He killed Na'vi." Ao'nung spoke. "Other Tulkun as well. Not here though, but far to the south."

Tsireya felt Lo'ak's anger slowly rising. She placed a hand on his. "No, he's not a killer! He saved my life!"

"Lo'ak, you are lucky to be alive." Tsireya gripped his hand.

"I'm telling you guys, he saved my life!" He glanced over at Tsireya. "He's my friend."

Neteyam stood up suddenly and walked over behind Lo'ak. "My baby bro." He planted his hands on his shoulder and shook them. "A mighty warrior who faced the killer Tulkun and lived to tell about it."

He shook him off by waving with his hand. "You guys aren't listening." He grunted in anger and stood up, backing away.

"No, Lo'ak, I'm listening!" Tuk reassured.

"Lo'ak wait! Come back." Kiri called out to him.

Ny'reiya looked over at Neteyam and shook her head. "You shouldn't have said that." She got up and walked towards the direction Lo'ak had stormed off.

Ny'reiya quickly caught up to Lo'ak and called out his name, trying to get his attention. "Lo'ak, wait."

He finally stopped in his tracks and moved his body around. He was annoyed that she had followed him. "What? You here to tell me that I'm wrong? That I'm delusional?"

"I'm here to tell you that I believe you Lo'ak, I believe every word you said to us." Reí stopped in front of him.

He scoffed at her words. "I don't believe you, after all you were the one that said that Payakan was a killer."

She placed a hand on his shoulder. "I was simply repeating what they would tell us about Payakan." She furrowed her brows. "I can tell that you'd never lie, Lo'ak. I trust you."

He finally looked up at her, a hint of hope in his eyes. "Really?" She smiled softly and nodded.

"I believe you, Lo'ak." She reassured. "If you'd let me, I would like to come with you. To see Payakan for myself."

"Yeah, of course." Lo'ak slightly smiled. Reí patted his head lightly, before backing away from him.

"You must get rest, it's already late to go visit him. Visit him another day, tomorrow we're going to the cove."