000. opposites attract

OPPOSITES ATTRACT

at minji and haechan's school, reputations were important, because they assigned a permanent image to anyone.

one's reputation determined one's social status and was therefore quite crucial to most people at their school. to maintain a perfect reputation, looks, personality, the amount of friends you had, and your body count mattered.

minji was known for the fact that she had dated plenty of people throughout her school career, and was considered to be someone who ranked very high on the school's most disliked list.

although she found people who cared about status obnoxious, she didn't care much about her reputation and neither did those who had taken an interest in her.

she had her first real boyfriend, choi soobin, at seventeen years old when she was a junior in high school. he was a sweet foreign exchange student from korea, whom she'd dated for no more than two months. though, the only actual reasons why they were dating were because he finally found someone who spoke his own language, and she just wanted to fit in with the rest of the class.

her next boyfriend was the first one she actually had feelings for. his name was isaiah. she first saw him at a party when she was eighteen and he was nineteen. the two had a brief, sweet romance before deciding they were better off as friends.

shin ryujin was her first heartbreak. shortly after minji's previous relationship, she took an interest in the beautiful girl she'd met in her class. after dating for nearly seven months, ryujin moved back to korea to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming an idol, which shattered minji's heart. still, she was happy to hear that ryujin had made it in the industry.

after experiencing such a painful heartbreak, minji couldn't bring herself to be in a relationship again for a good amount of time. after passing her high school exams, she casually dated a fair amount of people to get over the girl who moved away, one of those being lee taeyong, and prior to her previous relationship she had an on and off relationship with nakamoto yuta.

until her second year of college, when she started talking to jeno, her previous boyfriend. lee jeno was considered to be a really popular guy at school. he was the captain of the football team and his looks and charms made him quite popular with the girls. jeno was know to be the school's biggest player, until he met minji.

when jeno first met minji during one of their lectures, he thought she was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen, and so his girls oriented gaze turned into a tunnel vision which only focused on her. minji however, wasn't interested at all, but after a while, she agreed to going out with him.

in the beginning, he treated her like she was the most precious thing in the world. that all faded when he started bringing up her past dating life and began to act more possessive over her. in the end, she didn't even know if she actually cared that he had cheated on her.

like i said before, kang minji had a tragic love life. after years, she finally figured the reason for her serial dating. she needed to fill an empty void inside her heart that was lacking the one thing she had never been able to find in any of her relationships. love.

haechan's dating list on the other, was much smaller than minji's. to be precise, it was pretty much non-existent.

though the boy liked to make nasty jokes to piss of the last-mentioned girl, he was far more old-fashioned than her. frankly he didn't believe in hookup culture, unlike the majority of his schoolmates.

of course, he wasn't ashamed of his more conservative view on intimacy, however it wasn't exactly something he would showcase to the whole school. so, whenever the subject came up, he didn't lie, but he just danced his way around it to avoid negative opinions.

one could say haechan and minji's polar opposite reputations were a recipe for disaster, which might've been true. but opposites attract. it just took a fake relationship for them to find out.