040. do you?

DO YOU?

if you would have told last-year-minji she'd ever be sharing a bed with donghyuck, she would have told made you out to be insane.

even now, the girl thought she was out of her mind for even considering him anything other than an enemy, so the fact that he was now laying next to her freaked her out to her core.

the two fake-lovers lied next to each other, just about to fall asleep. however, the unresolved tension in the air, made it hard for donghyuck to fall asleep.

all they had been doing that day was fight. first about the bed sheets. then because of the shared toothbrush. in the afternoon because minji flirted with the waitress.

and now, before going to bed minji complained about donghyuck being childish all day, which also led to a huge fight. he knew he needed to to something about the tension or it would drive him crazy.

so without a thought, he tapped minji's shoulder and sat up. "minji."

as she turned around, she looked at him with confused eyes. not long after, a pair of lips were smashed on hers, until the boy pulled away again.

the boy pulled away in anticipation, waiting for minji's reaction. he expected her to slap him across the face and run out of the room. however, to his surprise, she leaned back in and planted her lips on his, this time more passionately.

he couldn't believe that after years of feuding with the girl, he was now kissing her, and he didn't want her to stop.

the way her fingers ran through his messy hair drove him absolutely insane. he'd always found the girl attractive to some extent, but he would've never expected to need her this badly.

a soft whimper escaped minji's mouth as he placed his right hand on her waist, only for it to make its way under the thin piece of fabric she was still wearing on her upper body. the feeling of his hand sliding up her bare torso was enough to send shivers down her spine.

what the fuck am i doing? donghyuck thought to himself, feeling his hand glide down more and more, and he knew a little too well where it would lead them if he lowered his hand even more.

"we shouldn't." she abruptly blurted out, causing donghyuck to immediately retract his hand and get off of her.

though the words were quite clear of their meaning, the girl wasn't too sure if she really meant them.

donghyuck would be lying if he said he wasn't a little embarrassed. the shift in his facial expressions proved he was expecting her to say something else.

"oh." he disappointedly breathed out and quickly rolled over, his back now facing her, to pretend as if nothing happened.

shit. minji thought in her head as she saw that donghyuck was slightly upset by her rejection.

although she didn't want to offend him, she didn't want to do anything he'd regret either, because regardless of what she convinced herself, she did care about him.

but he wasn't offended, he felt embarrassed after coming off as too presumptuous. he shouldn't have assumed them to go any further than they did, because he knew he was never going to be more than just a fake-boyfriend to her.

minji hesitated before speaking. not even she knew what to say, because she didn't know what she wanted. "don't get me wrong, it's not like i don't want to."

the sudden words caused donghyuck to turned back around, his face now barely touching hers.

"i just don't want to be your first."

donghyuck cringed at the last word, as she reminded him of the fact that he'd never done this before. he never really felt any actual shame about his inexperience, until now.

somehow, her knowing about his lack experience made him feel so much smaller than her, and that was the last thing he wanted right now.

"if we do this, there's no going back and then i'll be the person you think of when you think about your first time. besides, we're in a fake relationship." she emphasized the word fake, as that was all that it was. "it'll only get complicated."

she was right, though. the boy had always told himself his first would be someone special. someone he loved. but it was currently well over 2 am and he just didn't care anymore. he wanted minji right here, right now.

"i don't mind complicated. i want to." he whispered, his heart racing at the sight of the beautiful girl. "do you?"

the girl looked at his all too tempting eyes, trying to hold back with all her power. "i don't want you to do something you'll regret."

"minji, you didn't answer my question. do you?" he asked again, waiting for a clear answer from her.

"i don't think we both want it, it's probably just late so we're talking nonsense." once again, she replied with a vague response that didn't answer his question at all.

"stop talking your way around it. say you don't, and we won't." donghyuck backed up a little bit to show that it was up to her and that he wasn't going to force her into anything.

"you're supposed to hate me."

she kept avoiding his question, because she knew exactly what would happen if she answered it, and she couldn't let this thing between them be less than fake.

"just say you don't." he spoke for the last time before waiting for her to reject him.

but she didn't reject, instead she finally gave in to her own impulse and answered him. "i can't." that was the last thing she muttered before pulling him on top of her and allowing him to roughly press his lips on hers again.

in a matter of what only felt like seconds, their clothes were scattered everywhere on the floor. the two were tangled up in each other's bare bodies as the temperature rose speedily at every movement.

one last time, before any boundaries would be crossed, minji pulled away from donghyuck's lips and looked him in his eyes. "are you sure you wanna do this?"

but before the boy could answer, the sound of a familiar voice startled him. slowly opening his eyes, he saw minji hovered over him, rocking his body back and forth. "hyuck, wake up! stop stealing the sheets."

wake up? he thought, rubbing his eyes until he snapped back to reality.

right then, his eyes widened as he realized what had just happened. in the blink of an eye, he jumped out of bed and sprinted to the bathroom.

and just like that, donghyuck's once innocent thoughts weren't so innocent anymore. he feared his pact with minji was about to become a whole lot more complicated.

***

author's note!
wrote this chapter ages ago, but i FINALLY got to publish it!!

also check out my latest fic "cold"