004. old friend

OLD FRIEND

right after picking jungwoo up from his apartment, minji drove to jaehyun's house where he and haechan were currently waiting to be picked up.

the party was only a ten minute walk from minji's house, but she figured her friends would be wasted by the end of the night, so she was nice enough to be the designated driver for the night.

while minji parked her car right in front of jaehyun's house, the two males could be seen just outside the front door. they immediately made their way over to the car as jungwoo left the passenger seat.

"what are you doing?" minji questioned her friend who had just exited the car.

a curved smirk entered his lips as he took a hold of the door handle and entered the car to sit in the back, jaehyun doing the same on the other side.

before she got any answers to her question, she already realized what he was doing. since her friends took the backseats of the car, there was only room for one more person in the passenger seat. that being donghyuck of course.

with a sigh, minji accepted her fate and swiftly turned her head to the back to mouth a quick fuck you to both of her friends before turning back to the passenger door, where donghyuck was standing.

"come in, i won't bite. maybe." the brunette girl teased, followed by the unwanted presence of her nemesis next to her.

a silence fell while donghyuck eyed minji up and down to check out her appearance.

"wow." he slightly mouthed. the boy seemed in awe of the way she looked, and minji wasn't sure how she felt about this uncomfortable silence yet. until he began to speak again.

"and just when i thought you couldn't get any uglier."

the sarcastic remark immediately earned him a smack on the back of his head, which was followed by pained facial expressions. "ow, ow, i was joking, stop hitting me!"

minji squinted her eyes at him and retracted her hand from his head, back to her lap. "you better behave or i'm kicking you out." she threatened and received a defeated look along with a yes ma'am from donghyuck.

"alright, let's go then." she said before starting up the car and driving off to the party.

the car ride was only a few minutes long, but it seemed to last forever as most of it consisted of minji and donghyuck arguing with each other. jaehyun and jungwoo, however, seemed to enjoy the two's bickering as they only laughed at them.

finally, after what seemed like ages, the four young adults arrived at sungchan's house, and by the looks of it the party had commenced already.

the fluorescent lights shined through the windows, the music was banging through the walls, and many voices could be heard from the inside.

walking inside the house, the smell of sweat, alcohol, and smoke took over. it was a typical college party. jaehyun already regretted his decision to tag along with his friends, but the rest was pretty excited to enter the party.

it was only a matter of time before the group of four had partly split up, as jaehyun and donghyuck went to see their other friends, while jungwoo and minji found a place to sit down and catch up with each other.

the following hour, jungwoo and minji mainly stuck together and chatted with friends and newly met people from the party. their joyful state was however disrupted by the sight of a certain girl minji hoped to avoid.

audrey.

seeing audrey standing there, minji realized she hadn't spoken to her since she caught her with jeno. the brunette girl would be lying if she said she wasn't a tad bit curious to see how she was doing. not because she hoped she would be doing great, quite the opposite actually.