020. caught

CAUGHT

"haechan?" the boys questioned looking at the boy who'd now turned his head to face them.

it wasn't an everyday sight to see their friend hang out with the person she'd sworn she hated with her entire being. but hendery and dejun had seen minji come home with worse people than haechan, so they didn't question it too much.

"hey." donghyuck uncomfortably greeted, hoping the situation wouldn't turn out as awkward as he imagined it could be.

at school, it was practically general knowledge that minji, hendery and dejun were a group of inseparable friends. donghyuck wasn't a stranger to this fact and he knew that the boys would protect her at any cost, which put him in a very unlikeable position.

therefore, he had already feared for the worst and expected them to judge him dramatically or even scold him for causing minji years of stress.

however, without further interrogation, the two friends acted as if it was a perfectly common situation and made their way further into the apartment. dejun quickly made himself comfortable on the couch next to donghyuck as hendery entered the kitchen.

"so, what you guys doing?" a nosy hendery asked while scanning all of the kitchen cabinets and drawers for food.

donghyuck had no idea what was going on and why the boys were still there since he and minji were clearly hanging out by themselves. he was flabbergasted at the lack of respect of minji's privacy, but the girl herself was already used to it.

right away, he shot minji a what the fuck are they doing here look as she closed the front door and walked over to the couch again, giving him a funny one in response.

"we're just hanging out." minji casually answered hendery's previous question.

by now, the boy had come back from the kitchen with a drink in his hand and a bag of chips. he crashed down onto the small space on the couch in between minji and donghyuck. if his job was to deliberately make people uncomfortable, he sure was good at it.

after stealing a glance at the noticeably uncomfortable donghyuck, the girl shot him a reassuring smile "hyuck, you know dejun and hendery right?" she asked him as a poor attempt to lighten up the mood.

the boy nodded as a reply and shot the two boy he knew from school a crooked smile. the only think he could think of was how long it was gonna take until either they or he would leave.

luckily dejun quickly noticed the tense atmosphere hanging in the air. "are we interrupting? we can leave if you want to." he said with a smirk, as he thought they weren't just hanging out.

an breathy laugh escaped donghyuck's mouth as he shook his head. "we're just hanging, nothing more. and you don't have to leave." though the last sentence sounded sincere, he really hoped they would leave any time soon.

changing the subject, minji turned to look at hendery who was still crushed in between her and donghyuck. "hendery, go sit literally anywhere else on the couch. why do you have to make us uncomfortable?"

he responded with a laugh. "alright. but we're not the one making anything uncomfortable, you guys are." he stood up from his narrow spot on the couch and sat down next to dejun instead.

"why are you guys even here?" she squinted her eyes at them, suspecting more than just a friendly, and also privacy invading, visit.

finally dejun answered by addressing the elephant in the room. "minji, you guys literally hated each other your whole lives and suddenly you're just hanging out? i don't buy it." he crossed his arms, a sceptic look on his face.