Chapter Three

Dropping down with a thud behind the two top pro heroes, Y/n laughed as they jumped back. "don't fucking do that ya damn chicken." "Valkyrie. Or at least call me a Raven. Chicken would be whatever the fuck Hawks is." Bakugo's eye twitched as Deku lead the way to the meeting room. "Take a seat anywhere. Everyone else will be here shortly." Nothing could really prepare any of the other pro heroes for the sight of Valkyrie sitting beside the Number one pro hero. 

"As you all have heard, we have a new source for information. She's agreed to assist as our informant." Several people started to protest Y/n's arrival to the team as Deku ignored them. "She gave us some information we didn't have yet, and she has connections to people who are closer to the source of those bullets. We do not have time to train a newbie for such a dangerous job. She's closer than anyone else to the information we need to stop the production of the bullets. We can't afford to continue losing heroes and civilians." All protests simmered down as Valkyrie stood up. "But she's a vigilante. How can we trust her not to double-cross us?" Y/n's glare silenced them as she ruffled her wings out. "Because I want those bullets off the market too. They may not affect me, but they've hurt some of my closest friends. You don't have time to sit around and train other heroes for my job. I've been running around the underground since I was ten. I am a regular face and nobody bats an eye when I walk into their establishments. It takes years to gain that sort of trust with those kinds of people. Years you don't have." Her voice was calm and nobody could really argue with her logic. "How do we know for sure you are reliable and won't turn on us?" She smiled sweetly. "I know you think I can't be trusted, but I have someone who can and will vouch for me." Everyone's eyes fell on her as she pulled out a phone. "Hey, I need you to do me a favor I'm in a meeting for my job and I need someone to vouch for my loyalty." No one could hear the other end of the line, but when she hung up a cocky smirk fell over her lips. "He'll be here in ten." 

Nobody knew who to expect walking through the door. But all of them were beyond shocked as the retired Pro hero Eraserhead walked in. "Mr. Aizawa, good to see you again!" Deku stood immediately and offered his seat to Aizawa. "Seriously? This is the job you got?" Y/n awkwardly nodded as he let out a harsh sigh. "She's more than qualified for whatever you need her for. Why didn't you tell me this was what you were doing? I thought I told you not to bring any trouble with you." Y/n simply smiled as she patted his shoulder. "It's not trouble!" Aizawa huffed as he stood. "It is if it's to do with them." He left the room, leaving everyone with more questions than answers. "What the fuck was that." Y/n couldn't help the chuckle that left her at Bakugo's statement. "That was my vouch. Are we all good now?" No one seemed to really have an answer as she smiled. "I guess I'm in. Moving on..." Deku confusedly blinked before he turned back to his folder and continued telling the rest of the room what information I was able to give.

"How the hell do you know Aizawa?" A tug on her shoulder made Y/n stop in the hall. The green-haired male stood nearly a foot taller than her. She grabbed his arm and pushed him into an empty room. "I don't want everything about myself out in the public." "Okay, talk then." Her eyes narrowed at him as she sat on the table. "I went to U.A. High." Deku's arms folded as he listened. "I Never saw you there." Y/n scoffed as she tapped her nails on the wood. "I was an upperclassman. I was expelled three months before I could graduate." His face softened as she spoke. 

"Why?" She crossed her arms as he had done. "I'll explain the full story later. I don't want it all out there since it was pretty fucking traumatic. But I was expelled because of a lie the HC fed to the school about me. My parents kicked me out over it and Aizawa took me in and showed me how to become a vigilante since my rep was thrown into a shit tank." He dropped his arms as he sighed. "I'm sorry for being an ass." The door swung open, surprising both of them. "As you should shitty Deku. Let's go. We all agreed we'd go down to the marketplace to grab lunch." Y/n got up with a smile following the angry blonde down the hall, Deku following behind closely. 

The trio split up as they went to get food from different stalls, agreeing to meet back up at a bench Deku ate lunch at frequently. Deku was the first to arrive back at the bench. He had gotten a sweet katsudon dish with takoyaki as a side. Bakugo arrived next, his arms full of various snacks and one main meal. His meal was spicy udon and a few skewers of spicy yakitori. Y/n returned with a bowl of spicy udon and a plate of assorted sushi. Bakugo's head tilted seeing her bowl and his bowl. "What the hell is wrong with you? Ya damn copycat!" "Hah?" Y/n flipped him off as she shoved her mouth full with udon. "Can't someone like a dish without being insulted?" She turned back to her food and put a piece of a volcano roll in her mouth. Both men quirked a brow at her when she hummed with joy. "You like spicy food, right Bakugo?" He nodded as she set one of the extra rolls onto a napkin. "Try that. It's so fucking good. Wanna try Izuku?" The man looked at Y/n confused. "Your name is Izuku, right?" He nodded. "Everyone calls me Deku." "Whatever you want is fine. Do you want to try it?" He nodded, not realizing what he agreed to. 

Y/n and Bakugo were crying from how hard they laughed as Deku was nearly clawing at his tongue from the heat of the volcano roll. "Why didn't you say you can't handle spicy?!" She nearly died as she laughed. "I didn't know it was spicy!" Bakugo and Y/n died laughing again. "It's in the fucking name! Volcano roll!" Bakugo barked at him. Finally, Y/n shoved a bottle of water to the poor man. "I have never seen anyone react that way towards some spice." Bakugo's eyes fell on Y/n as she watched Deku chug the bottle of water. "That's Deku for you. You should've seen how he reacted to my mom's udon as a kid. That was the best fucking laugh I had as a kid."

Word Count: 1,178