Chapter Twelve

"I really don't think invading his privacy is a good idea." some shuffling along with a noticeable click of a photo being taken brought Bakugo to the land of the living. And boy was he livid when he saw two certain people in his living room. He couldn't get up, realizing that Y/n was laying on top of him. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" His voice was low. "Sorry, Mina wanted to make sure you didn't take advantage of Y/n..." His red eyes shot over to the pinkette with pure rage. "We all know damn well that I wouldn't pull some shady shit like that. So why the fuck are you here?" Mina huffed and rolled her eyes as she turned her phone around. "I wanted to know how the date went... Plus neither of you was answering your phones, so we needed to make sure you two were okay." Bakugo eyed Mina's screen trying not to let them see him smile. She snapped a few pictures of him and Y/n before he had woken up. "I'll let you keep them if you send me copies." Mina grinned widely as she immediately did as he said. "Our phones died last night. We were watching tv and fell asleep at some point. What time is it?" "Nearly noon." He hummed as he glanced down at Y/n. "Alright. Get the fuck out. I'll send her your way when she gets up." The two left without another word. Bakugo relaxed on the couch again, falling back asleep easily. 

When Bakugo woke up again, Y/n had already gotten up and was charging her phone. "What time is it?" Y/n looked up at him, she looked a bit flustered. "It's two in the afternoon. Mina and Kirishima blew my phone up, it chimed non-stop for the first three minutes it was turned back on." Bakugo huffed as he sat up, he picked up his own phone, seeing it had been plugged in. The first message he saw was the one with the pictures Mina took. He smiled to himself, saving them before clearing his apps. "Where do you want to go for breakfast?" Y/n looked over at him quizzically before laughing. "You mean lunch? Anywhere that serves breakfast is closed by now." Bakugo rolled his eyes before standing up. "Yeah, yeah whatever. I'm getting us lunch, so where to?" Bakugo shoved his feet into his boots and laced them as Y/n stretched. "We could go to the marketplace and get some food from those stalls again." Bakugo nodded as he shoved his wallet and phone into his pockets. He snagged a set of keys from the hook with a smile. "Wanna take the bike?" "Hell yeah, I do!" He laughed as she shoved her phone and wallet into her pockets and shoved her feet into her shoes. 

Bakugo and Y/n plopped down with their orders at the same table they sat at with Deku weeks ago. Both of them opted for Spicy Udon and a plate of spicy yakitori. Y/n had also gotten a plate of sushi, most of it was the volcano roll she liked so much. "So you said your mom makes spicy udon?" Bakugo looked up and swallowed a mouthful of food. "Yeah, she makes a mean spicy Udon. Probably the best out there, no one makes it as spicy as she does." She hummed a response as she took a bite of a spicy yakitori. "That sounds amazing. My foster parents never really cooked, and I don't remember much of my biological parents." Bakugo paused as he listened to her. "What happened to them? Both your real parents and foster ones?" Y/n chewed at the inside of her cheek as she tried to figure out how to word it in an okay way. "My parents died when I was little, I remember that I had just learned how to use my wings properly. My foster parents were extremely disappointed in me when I was expelled from U.A. and they kicked me out of the house. I haven't seen or heard from them since." They fell into silence as they ate. "Why did you get expelled?" Y/n dropped her gaze down to her bowl of Udon. "I don't want this going anywhere-" "I'm not gonna tell anyone." Y/n nodded and sighed. 

"I was expelled for using my quirk, even though it was for self-defense." Bakugo's nose scrunched "I was on my way to school when I was snatched up. I recognized my attacker as a pro hero, but he wasn't high in rank. He sexually assaulted me and when I tried to fight back or yell he fought me. Someone called the cops and while I was being detained he spun a story about how I was a villain who had attacked him. The hero commission spun lies to U.A. and with no proof of the assault, I was called the villain and kicked out." Bakugo's face was blank when her eyes met him. "I was kicked out of my foster parent's house and I turned to the only person I knew would help. Aizawa let me stay with him and he trained me. Even though I couldn't be a Pro hero, I still wanted to be a hero. So he showed me the ropes and explained how I need to handle most situations and what to do if cops show up." Bakugo was oddly calm as he stared at her. "Why didn't you fight them over the expulsion?" Y/n released a breathy chuckle. "Who would take the word of a seventeen-year-old brat over the word of a pro hero who was nearly twice my age? It was just another example of how corrupted the HC really is and why it needs to be fixed." Bakugo nodded, he was really quiet and it was putting Y/n on edge.

Bakugo was uncharacteristically quiet after their meal, Y/n obsessively worried over what she had said and why he was so quiet. After throwing their trash away, they headed back to his bike. He drove them back to his apartment and dropped his bike off. His eyes kept glancing down at her hand as they walked back to Kirishima's apartment. Finally swallowing his pride, he grasped her hand in his and intertwined their fingers. He felt her flinch but gave her hand a light squeeze. "I'm sorry if anything I said upset you in any way." Bakugo's head tilted oddly as he tried to keep himself from yelling at her. "No. I'm not upset with you, I'm pissed that there was no justice for how they've wronged you. I'm glad you can trust me to tell me about that shit." He had to force the word out, sure he was happy that she was opening up to him, but he was very much the opposite of happy with what she brought to light. "I wasn't completely without justice. I just didn't get to serve it myself. Stain got to the bastard." Y/n noticed the snarky smirk form on his face. "Serves him right." Y/n's laugh made his smirk soften into a smile. He felt more at ease around her than most of his friends. 

"Hey, where have you guys been?" Bakugo looked at the time on his phone's home screen with a scowl. "It's five pm, Kirishima. Shut the fuck up. I'm an adult." Bakugo smirked hearing her response. Bakugo plopped onto his friend's couch, watching Y/n's back as she walked down the hall. He couldn't help watching the way her hips swayed as she walked. "Looks like you got it bad for her." Mina sat on the loveseat across from Bakugo, Kirishima sitting beside her. "So what if I do?" It was rhetorical as Mina leaned closer to the blonde. "I approve. Just don't go breaking her heart." Bakugo scoffed and rolled his eyes. Seeing Y/n walk back in made him settle into the couch more comfortably. She had on an AC/DC tank top with her favorite matching AC/DC bedroom pants. "You got taste. Good to know." He commented, receiving the stink eyes and a middle finger.

Word Count: 1,355