Chapter 18

Roman POV

I drive up to the warehouse with my brothers. I see some of my soldiers standing at attention by the warehouse door. They nod and bow their heads as my brothers and I walk in. 

I head straight towards my office in the warehouse. I push a hidden button and the wall panel opens up to a little hidden room. I enter the room with my brothers and we take an elevator down to the hidden room in the basement. 

Once we step off the elevator, I see a couple of guards standing at the end of the hall in front a steel door.  Right outside the door is a wall of torture tools. I stare at it, wondering if I should use one of these. Right now, I feel like just beating the shit outta this guy with bare hands. 

I decide on some brass knuckles and a metal baseball bat for now. I grab the two items and enter into the room. I set the items down on a table inside the room and then take off my shirt. I am wearing a white tee right now and I don't want to get any blood stains on it. 

I look over at Salvatore tied standing up against the wall. Wrists and ankles bound by metal bracelets to the ceiling and floors. One big one bound around his neck, holding him flat against the wall. 

He is already looking bruised and battered from my soldiers and Tony. Tony really did a number on him - his right eye is swollen shut, pretty sure he busted the eye socket and this man is now blind in his right eye. Nose is broken and leaking blood. Mouth full of blood and dripping down his chin. Torso is all black and blue - I am pretty sure his ribs are broken. You can tell his breathing is getting labored already. 

I walk up to him and kick him hard, right between the legs. I am pretty sure if I wasn't planning on killing him, he would be pissing blood for a month. Maybe not even be able to have any kids. Oh well. 

He screams in pain and his head shoots up. He looks at me with fear in his eyes.

"Don Roman, I apologize sir. I really do. I didn't mean to take her and hurt her like that. I wasn't in my right frame of mind. Please spare me. I will leave her and you alone. I will tell you all about Aleks. Please don't kill me!" He pleads over and over again. 

"Start talking about Aleks. Start from the beginning." He nods his head. 

"Aleks is a cousin of mine, from my mother's side. She is cousin with  his mother. Before I even met Sarina, I heard about her. Aleks would talk about her all the time. About this beautiful woman who stole his heart and soul. He loved the way she wouldn't bow down to him and saw her as a challenge. He really wanted her club at first just as a spot to clean money and a hub for the Asian connects. But as each day passed and she wasn't giving in, he grew more more obsessed with her. 

I never knew how this girl looked like or what. He would just talk about her. Then one day, you brought her home. And I was instantly smitten by her. She was absolutely gorgeous and innocent and nice and caring, easily draw anyone towards her. I was talking to Aleks about her and described her and mentioned her name. He immediately sent me a photo of her and it was the same girl. He was livid at first, because I was able to see her everyday and he wasn't. Then he got pissed because she was with you. 

He hatched this plan to take her away. He wanted me to take her away from you. He said if I grab her, I can have one night with her. Do whatever I please for 24 hours. Then I have to give her to him. He said in return, he will take the Romano's out and put me in charge of the mafia."

He looked up at me and shook in fear. I know he could see the anger pouring off of me. He was looking at Satan himself right now.

I put on the brass knuckles and stalked towards him. I grabber him by the hair and pulled his head back. "You think you can waltz in here and put my girl in harm's way and then take out me and my family!!!" I punched him in the face with the brass knuckles. His head jolted back and more blood starting dripping out.