Chapter 31

Sarina got out of the bath and into the shower to rinse off.  Once she was finished she did her night routine then put on some pajamas which was just some panties and Matteo's t-shirt. Walking out of the closet and into the bedroom, she immediately notices that Matteo is knocked out on the bed. Not even under the covers, laying across the bed onto of the covers.  "Crazy fool"  she walks over to him and nudges him. "Baby get up. Where am I supposed to lie?"  He just rolls onto his side and opens his arms, not even opening his eyes. She opens up the bench by the bed and pulls out a blanket to cover them with. She climbs onto the bed and into his arms. "I guess we are sleeping sideways tonight on the bed" she says mainly to herself as she snuggles closer to him.

Morning sunlight comes peaking through the drapes and Sarina's internal alarm clock is going off. Having to pee bad, but being smothered by a giant of a man, she cannot move.

Sarina POV

I use all my might and push him off of me. I roll onto my side to get off the bed, but all of a sudden arms wrap around me and I am rolled over onto my other side with Matteo's arms and legs around me, spooning me tight. "Oh come on" I huff out. "I am too old to be peeing in the bed" I whine. Matteo just busts out laughing and lets me go. I immediately get up and run to use the bathroom. Deciding that I should get my life together, I go and do my morning routine and then head to the closet to get dressed for the day. Leggings and a long shirt is the style choice for today. 

I walk into the bedroom out of the closet and Matteo is curled up on his side hugging my pillow. Big baby I thought to myself...my big baby. I walk over to him and kiss his forehead. I turn to walk away but I am stopped when Matteo's hand grabs mine. I turn to look at him. Still with his eyes closed, he puckers his lips. I smile and lean down and kiss his lips. I stand up put he pulls on my hand indicating that he wants another one. We continue this for a few more seconds before he is finally satisfied and let go of my hand. He rolls back on his other side with my pillow still. 

I go make me a chai tea latte and then head to my office. 

I make a call to my businesses to check in on them and then to the resort. We have the soft opening coming up next month. My resort and casino will finally be opened. I will have the largest all inclusive resort in Asia. I am excited yet nervous. I worked hard on this project and it is finally coming full circle. I need to setup arrangements for everyone too. We will be spending three weeks there - a week before the opening to make sure everything goes well and then the week of the opening and then the last week is just enjoying the resort and surrounding islands. I need to make travel arrangements for his parents and family and mine too. 

That reminds me, I need to touch base with the guys and see how everything is going with the casino and club since they are going to be the ones managing those portions. They have experience since they own a few casinos and a lot of clubs around the world. I know with Romano Investments and Management LLC being the ones managing them, the sleazy business men will not be bothering me and trying to get me to sleep with them in return for managing the casino and club.  

I text Tara who is my friend but also my assistant to help me make arrangements for mine and Roman's families. I let her know how many people and what rooms to book them in at the resort. They are coming the week after the opening. 

Matteo POV

"Are you sure about this bro?" Tony asks. I look at him then at the ring. Now he has me second guessing myself. I turn to look at Paulie and Frankie; mainly Frankie because he is really close with Sarina and knows everything about her. 

"Don't do it man" Frankie says shaking his head. I look at the jeweler and shake my head no. I hand him the ring back. 

Frustrated that I was about to make a horrible decision that I have live with for the rest of my life, I let out a huff. Ready to leave this story, I turn to walk out. Just as I was about to reach the door, something caught my eye. It was perfect. A huge black and white diamond halo engagement ring that had a prong set round black diamond center, with a diamond halo encircling it. The split shank that rises to the center halo is adorned with black and white shared prong diamonds.

 The split shank that rises to the center halo is adorned with black and white shared prong diamonds

It was perfect. I summoned the jeweler to take the ring out. I held it in my hand and knew instantly it was the one I wanted. I showed it to the guys and they smiled. "That's it!!!" Frankly jumped up and down excitedly. "She loves black diamonds. It is perfect for her!!!"

 I agree. It is perfect for her. I told the jeweler I wanted this but instead, make is platinum instead of white gold. And I want an engraving inside - I want it to say Ti amo, mia regina (I love you, my queen) and then I found the perfect wedding bands to go with this engagement ring. For her wedding band, I wanted engrave to say La Sua Regina ( His Queen), for my wedding band I wanted it to say Il suo re (Her King). 

I think now is the perfect time to make her my wife and start a family. I know she has been stressed out and focused on her upcoming opening. Once that was done, she said she wanted to chill out for awhile. Let her partners and managers run her businesses since that is what they are paid to do. She doesn't need to be there overseeing everything all the time now. She wants to vacation, travel and start a family soon. 

Secretly, I have been planning the perfect wedding with her mom and best friend. I know I haven't even proposed yet, but I know she will say yes. She has no choice, I will haunt her for the rest of her life if she ever thinks about being with someone else. She is stuck with me and I am stuck with her. We have talked about marriage before and she already said she would make me her baby daddy one day. 

I remember all the details she said her perfect wedding would be, so I am putting that information to good use. She has been stressed and overwhelmed with his launch that I don't want her to stress anymore. If I can give her the dream wedding she always wanted without all the stress, why wouldn't I?

I am more than capable of handling the financial costs, the wedding planning is done by professionals. The location? - what better place than her own resort that she worked hard to achieve. She always hoped it will be a destination wedding place, so why not let her be the first one to have a wedding there. 

Not to mention photos from the wedding can be used as advertisement for the venue and catering ( yeah, the business side of me is always thinking of things). 

The jeweler said I was just in luck that his engraver is actually on his way in. He checked the schedule and no engravings are scheduled as of yet, so he put me down and said as soon as his engraver comes in, he will work on it. I can have my rings in a couple of hours. 

That means I have a couple of hours to plan the perfect proposal.