Chapter 22

"Have you ever considered that you ask too much, that you take too much for granted?" Snape asks Dumbledore. "Has it crossed your brilliant mind that I don't want to do this anymore? That I don't want her to be a part of this anymore."

     "I can handle myself Severus." Ursa says.

     "It is getting too dangerous for a child."

     "I am 17. I am not a child. I am old enough to make these decisions for myself."

     "Enough!" Dumbledore exclaims. "Whether it has or hasn't is irrelevant. I will not negotiate with you Severus. You agreed. You both agreed. Nothing more to discuss." Snape and Ursa leave as Harry comes up the stairs. Snape stops the glare at Harry and Ursa rolls her eyes.

***

     Ursa is reading in the common room when Draco taps her on the shoulder. "It's time." He says. Ursa nods and follows him out of the common room.

     Draco and Ursa go up the stairs of the Astronomy tower where Dumbledore is standing. Both have their wands drawn and pointed at Dumbledore. "Good evening, Draco, Ursa." Dumbledore says. "What brings you here on this fine spring evening?"

     "Who else is here?" Draco asks. "I heard you talking."

     "I often talk aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful." Ursa casts a Human-Presence revealing spell and finds Harry below them.

     "It's just us." Ursa lies. Dumbledore nods at Ursa and Ursa steps towards Dumbledore.

     "Ursa?" Draco questions. Ursa takes a deep breath and turns around, pointing her wand at Draco.

     "Dray you don't have to do this." Ursa says.

     "What? Are- are you with him?"

     "I'm just trying to survive. I'm sorry I lied."

     "Draco, you are no assassin." Dumbledore says.

     "How do you know what I am?" Draco asks. "I've done things that would shock you."

     "Oh, like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that in return she would bear a cursed necklace to me? Like having Ursa replace a bottle of mead with one lace with poison. Forgive me, Draco, I cannot help feel these actions are so weak that your... heart can't really have been in."

     "He trusts me. I was chosen." Draco pulls up his sleeve to show his Dark Mark.

     "I shall make it easy for you." Dumbledore raises his wand.

     "Expelliarmus!" Draco casts and Dumbledore's wand flies out of his hand.

     "Very good. Very good."

     "Draco please." Ursa pleads. The door to the Astronomy Tower loudly opens.

     "You're not alone. There are others. How?"

     "The Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement." Draco answers. "We've been mending it."

     "'We've?'" Dumbledore questions.

     "Sorry Professor." Ursa says. 

     "Let me guess it has a sister."

     "A twin. In Borgin and Burkes." Draco says.

     "They form a passage." Ursa says.

     "Ingenious." Dumbledore says. "Draco, years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you."