Are You...Jealous? (Crowley x reader)

Crowley didn't have many friends. In fact, he could count on one hand how many people he saw as true friends. The Winchesters, Castiel, and you. Of the four, Crowley was closest to you. He loved being around you, even when you were fighting off other demons. He understood that was your job as a hunter. What he didn't understand was the jealousy he felt in his chest every time he saw you interacting with Castiel.

It wasn't as though you never spent time with Crowley. You seemed to enjoy his company just as much as you did Castiel's. But Crowley could not seem to fight the tightening in his gut every time he saw you with the angel. For some reason it bothered him to no end that Castiel was the one to work alongside you and that, when you somehow managed to get hurt on a hunt, Castiel was the one who helped you. At least until one hunt.

Crowley's brows furrowed as the name "Moose" appeared on the screen of his phone. Sam hardly ever called him. "Moose," Crowley greeted smoothly when he answered the phone. Sam let out a sigh. "Crowley...we need you. We're outnumbered. We're losing steam and Cas isn't answering. Y/N can't go much longer." No sooner was your name out of Sam's mouth was Crowley snapping his fingers.

When Crowley took in the sight before him, he instantly understood why Sam had called. You were panting and moving much more slowly than you should have. You were running out of energy. Just as the monster was bearing down on you, Crowley did something he never thought he would. He snapped himself right in front of you.

"Crowley?!" you cried. Crowley hissed. Even though he was a demon, the blow still hurt a bit. "Crowley, what the hell?! Why would you do that?!" you snapped, pulling Crowley down to the floor next to you. "Now, pet, I know you aren't yelling at the demon who saved your life. A thank you would suffice." You glared at him. "I didn't need you to save me! I had it under control."

The sounds of fighting continued for another moment before everything went still. You let out a sigh of relief then turned back to Crowley. "What were you thinking?" you asked through clenched teeth. "Perhaps that I could help?" he stated, earning a scoff.

"And you got hurt because of it! Did you even stop to think how I would feel if this had been worse? What if it had been an angel blade? You could have died, Crowley! For good! I-I couldn't take that. Don't you know I can't...I can't not have you in my life." Your voice had lowered considerably since you'd started and now you refused to look Crowley in the eyes. "I'm certain you would have felt differently had your angel been here," he muttered in return, but you'd heard him anyway.

"Cas? What's he got to do with this? I just poured my heart out to you and that's what you're thinking about?" you snapped before your eyes widened in understanding. "Crowley? Are you...jealous?" Crowley narrowed his hazel eyes at you. "Don't," he warned in what he hoped was a menacing voice. However, your smirk only grew. "You are!"

"Pet, you really don't want to tease a demon." You chuckled lowly. "I don't know...Seems like fun to me. Besides, you like it when I tease you." Crowley rolled his eyes. "You have no reason to be jealous," you continued softly, "I don't like Castiel that way. I've always preferred the bad boy to the angel."

Crowley's head snapped in your direction. He hadn't been expecting that and he was sure his eyes were as wide as saucers. True, he was usually fairly confident, but you were a hunter. He never had any hope or sign that you'd felt something for him. Before he could retort though, you leaned in and pressed a kiss to his forehead. "Pick me up at 7, good sir. You owe me a date," you as you carefully rose to your feet to follow after the Winchesters now that the hunt was finished. When you glanced back at Crowley and smiled, the demon was sure his face was as red as a tomato.