Pizza & Movies (Death x reader{platonic})

As soon as you walked into work that morning, you were grateful that it was once again Friday. Friday nights were your favorite night of the week. Not just because it was the last work day most of the time, but also because you had a standing "date" every Friday night. No matter how many times you did the same thing, you never grew tired of it. Perhaps it was the company you were keeping.

Death was most definitely not a well-liked person. Most people feared him, but not you. You had met him at a horror movie festival a couple years before and since then, the two of you had become really close. He was your best friend and different than anyone expected. Death was sarcastic and funny, and despite what people thought, he wasn't a bad guy. He didn't actually kill people, only ferried their souls to either Heaven or Hell.

You weren't even sure how your odd friendship started, but you were glad it had. Now, every Friday night, you sat and pigged out on pizza from all over the world and watched horror movies with Death. That's why you watched the clock all day. You were ready to dart out of there as soon as you were able to get home.

Death was already waiting for you when you opened your front door. "Hello, Y/N." You smiled at him. "Hey there! Where is our pizza coming from today?" you asked. Death was something of a foodie and was always on the lookout for new things. "Chicago. I found some wonderful pizza there last year." You nodded and, after taking off your shoes, plopped down on your couch.

"Long week?" You scoffed. "You have no idea. I'm just ready to stuff my face with that pizza, which smells amazing by the way, and watch some horrible horror movies with my best friend." Death's lips upturned in an almost unnoticeable smile. He sat down in his usual spot and handed you the remote. "I took the liberty of choosing our first film." You gave a little shrug and pressed play.

You didn't know why, but it never failed. After about the second movie, you always managed to find yourself cuddling into Death. He gave off a comforting warmth that just drew you to him. It had become such a natural thing for you to just move closer and rest your head on his shoulder or even put a pillow in his lap. Anything just to be closer to him. And Death had come to expect it too. He'd worry if you didn't cuddle up to him while your eyes were glued to the screen in front of you.

Along with the cuddling came another unavoidable side effect. Sleeping. By the time you were four movies in, your eyes grew heavy. You fought back yawn after yawn to no avail. Your eye lids began to droop and you found yourself drifting off to sleep.

Death knew you were asleep almost instantly. He could felt your steady breathing before he even looked at you. When he did let his gaze flicker over, he smiled. Sure enough, your eyes were closed and your lips were parted slightly. Your chest rose and fell in a steady rhythm as you snuggled closer to him.

When you shivered in your sleep, Death grabbed his coat from the back of the couch and laid it over you. Sure, he could have gotten a blanket easily, but you told him once after you'd taken his coat that it was really warm. Once the jacket was over you, you sighed and pulled it closer around you. Death chuckled lightly and turned his gaze back to the movie. Once it was over, he would move you to your bed and leave, but for now, Death was going to enjoy his pizza and movie night with his best, and really only, friend.