Angel (Castiel x fem!reader)

You were leaning against the wall in the motel room when you first saw him. "Honestly, it sounds like your run-of-the-mill demon here, Sam," you stated. Sam hummed in response and Dean sank down on the bed. "So why call me?" you asked. You didn't really handle demons. Vampires, shifters, werewolves? Sure, but demons? No.

"Because you are needed in this endeavor," a new voice spoke up. You jumped a foot in the air when you looked to your right and saw him standing there. "Holy crap!" you yelped and ran over to Dean. "Cas...we talked about this. Personal space," Dean scolded, gently squeezing your shoulder. "How the heck did he do that?!" Sam chuckled and joined Dean next to you. "Castiel is an angel."

You glared at Castiel. You'd had run-ins with angels before and they were not pleasant. "What's he doing here?" you growled. "Cas is our friend." You chuckled humorously. "Friend? Angels don't make friends with humans." Castiel sighed. "In most cases, you would be correct. I am not like the other angels." You scoffed and replied, "Yeah well, that doesn't make me trust you." You turned to Dean and said, "Call me when he's gone." With that, you left the room.

*time skip*

Turns out, you were wrong about Castiel. He really wasn't like the other angels. He had a compassion for humans that the others didn't. He truly wanted to make the world a better place. And, after some time, you began to notice that he was absolutely adorable too. His confusion when it came to a lot of things on Earth was positively endearing. He had so many qualities that you'd been looking for in a partner for so long. However, you weren't sure if Castiel felt the same, or if he even could.

You were sitting on your bed in the bunker, deep in thought when Castiel appeared. "Hello, Y/N." You looked up. "Hey, Castiel. What can I do for you?" He glanced around the room, taking in the little touches you'd put in to make it your own. "I was actually looking for Sam, but I cannot seem to find him. He didn't answer his cellular phone." You chuckled. "He went on a run. Anything I can help you with?" His brows furrowed. "I'm not sure."Shrugging, you let the subject drop as you pulled up a movie on your computer.

"Care to join me?" you asked him. He stared at you for a moment before agreeing. He sat down on the edge of the bed, as if he were nervous to get too close to you. Rolling your eyes playfully, you pulled him back toward the headboard. "You can relax, you know. I don't bite." You leaned back and he mimicked your movements.

There was silence in the room as you started the movie. After a few minutes, you grew confused. Castiel never watched a movie silently. He always had a thousand questions. You glanced up to find him already looking at you, his brows together in concentration. "What?" you asked. "Your feelings toward me have changed." He stated it so matter-of-factly, as if he were reading a grocery list, but that didn't stop your face from heating up.

"Of course they have," you responded, praising yourself for keeping your voice steady, "You've earned my trust. You've proven what a great friend you are." You hoped you'd been convincing, but one look at his face told you that you hadn't been. "No. It is more than that. I can tell that much. But I don't understand how much more."

Sighing heavily, you sat up and moved your laptop off your legs. His brilliant blue eyes were full of curiosity. He looked like a lost puppy and you just couldn't help but give him the answers he wanted. "Look...I like you, Cas." He smiled softly, patting the top of your hand. "I am quite fond of you too, Y/N." You knew he didn't fully comprehend what you meant and you groaned. "No, Cas. I mean, I really like you. As more than a friend. I think I might...love you."

Nothing. Castiel didn't respond. You heard a flutter of wings and he was gone. You immediately felt the tears at his departure and you wondered how badly you'd just screwed everything up. To your surprise, the angel returned a second later, his arms laden down with things. You blinked in shock. "C-Cas? What is all this?"

He set everything down on the bed. "Is it not customary to show love through small tokens like these?" You giggled at his confusion. Your bed was now covered in small stuffed bears, boxes of chocolates, and flowers. "Oh, Cas. You're too sweet." Castiel gave you a shy smile and you sat up on your knees. Reaching over the bears, you wrapped your arms around his neck. You pressed your lips to his hesitantly, but he quickly returned the kiss.

You sighed happily as your lips moved together. You couldn't believe this was happening. Castiel was standing there, kissing you the way you'd always dreamed he would. You couldn't believe you found love with an angel. Your angel.