A Walk With Death (Death x fem!reader)

If anyone had told you that you'd be out walking with Death, you'd have laughed in their face. Yet, here you were. You'd just finished a hunt and decided to stop at a little tucked away diner. When you stepped inside, a pair of familiar dark eyes glanced at you.

You'd met Death a few months before when you helped the Winchesters on a hunt. You immediately appreciated Death's sarcastic attitude, along with his style. He was a very sharp-dressed man. He had a way of seeing the world that humans didn't. Then again, he'd been around for forever.

Seeing that all the tables were full, you sighed. Death noticed and gave a slight wave of his hand. You walked over and slid into the seat across from him. "Hello, my dear." You smiled and returned the greeting. "Have you tried the french fries here?" Laughing, you shook your head. You'd never expected Death to be such a foodie.

"I didn't expect to see you here," you said as the waitress made her way over. "What can I get ya?" You ordered quickly and turned your attention back to Death. The conversation seemed to flow easily between you and you didn't want it to end. Apparently Death felt the same because, once you'd finished eating, he asked if you wanted to go on a walk with him. You were surprised, but agreed anyway.

That was how you found yourself in a nearby park, hands in your pockets as you walked next to Death. Talking with him was nice. His voice was smooth and calm. You were laughing at something Death said when a particularly cool breeze came through,, making you shiver. A moment later, you felt something warm drape over your shoulders.

For a brief second, you were confused. Then, the wind blew again and you caught the scent of old books, the earth after a good rain and even a bit of the french fries he had eaten. A scent that was uniquely Death. You glanced over and realized that Death had taken off his coat to give to you. You were astonished at the act. It wasn't that Death was rude, but you never expected him to be so kind and courteous. "Close your mouth, Y/N. You'll catch flies. It's only a coat." You giggled. "Thank you."

Your walk continued for a little while until it grew dark. You stopped walking and glanced up at the night sky. You were in a town where there were no big lights so you could clearly see the stars. It was a sight you always loved, ever since you were a kid. Death had stopped with you and was watching your face.

To Death, you were one of the most beautiful creatures he'd seen and he had seen many, many people throughout his existence. He admired the fact that you appreciated the simple things in life, such as watching the stars in the night sky. You had captured Death's attention in a way no one else had been able to.

Another gust of wind blew, pulling a bit of your hair from its braid and into your face. Death reached over and carefully moved it back behind your ear, causing you to look over at him in confusion. He'd never been so careful with you. A smile slowly spread across your lips. You took a step closer to him, effectively closing the distance between you.

You slowly pressed your lips to the corner of his mouth and Death froze, stunned at the very idea of you kissing him. You pulled away with a cheeky grin as your phone went off. You checked the message and sighed. Pulling Death's coat off your shoulders, you handed it back to him, your fingers lightly brushing his."I gotta go. You know where to find me." You winked and walked back to your car, leaving Death to stare after you with a smile.88712:E