Goodbye Kiss (Metatron x fem!reader)

(WARNINGS: implied torture, injuries. Just angst over all.)

Normally, you wouldn't be sneaking around the bunker in the middle of the night, but if the Winchesters knew what you were up to, they'd put a stop to it immediately. Step after careful step, you made your way down to the bunker's dungeon where he was. Metatron.

You had managed to make friends with the angel when you met him. You found him fascinating and your friendship had begun to blossom into something more after the past several months. Now, he was locked up in the dungeon, much to your dismay. Every day, the Winchesters interrogated him about the Mark of Cain. The Mark's bloodlust was making it much worse. Metatron was practically tortured and it nearly killed you.

As you pushed open the doors to the darkened dungeon, you heard Metatron's breathing pick up. "Easy, Met. It's just me," you whispered, your voice echoing through the room. As soon as Metatron heard your voice, you could almost feel him relax. You flicked on the light with your elbow and set down the supplies you'd brought with you.

You looked at him and your heart nearly broke. You dipped the cloth in your bowl of water and walked over to him. He winced away when you pressed the cloth to his cheek. "You have to hold still, Metatron," you admonished quietly. You cupped his jaw with one hand and he relaxed into your touch. You could feel his eyes on you as you went to work cleaning his various wounds. "Thank you," he whispered.

You gave him a sad smile. "You don't need to thank me, Met. It kills me to see them treating you this way." He chuckled, but there was no humor behind it. "Then let me go." Tears pricked the back of your eyes. You really wanted to let him go, but there was something stopping you. "I can't. Dean will know if I do. He's not himself. I have no idea what the Mark would make him do to me...or to you when they find you again."

Metatron stared at you while you finished your work. The tears you'd been trying to hold back were flowing down your cheeks silently. Every once in a while, you'd stop treating Metatron's wounds to wipe them away. He wanted to do it himself, but the shackles on his wrists kept him from doing so.

Metatron didn't care for very many people, especially not humans, but you were the exception. You had always been kind to him, even when you disagreed with the choices he'd made. There had been times when you sought him out just to listen to his stories. If he was being honest with himself, he would say that he fell for you early on in your friendship. You were the only person who truly seemed to care.

He was so lost in thought, he didn't notice that you had released him from the manacles until he heard them hit the floor. He gazed up at you in surprise. "Go on, Met." He didn't respond. He just stared, making you laugh sadly. "Metatron, you need to leave before Sam and Dean wake up." He stood slowly, his eyes never leaving yours.

"What about you?" You shrugged. "I'll be okay. I realized it doesn't matter what Dean does to me. As long as you're safe." You turned away from him so he wouldn't see you crying again. He placed a hand on your shoulder. "We won't see each other again, will we, Y/N?" You sniffled and shook your head. "Probably not."

You felt Metatron pull on your shoulder a bit, forcing you to turn back to him. "Metatron, you really need to go!" you told him. "I know. I have a request before I do." You nodded encouraging him to ask. "One kiss. That's all I ask." You smiled through your tears and pressed your lips to his. It was a bittersweet moment. The moment you had both been waiting for was also the moment you were saying goodbye.

After a moment you pulled away and Metatron wiped a stray tear from your cheek. "Of all my Father's creations, you are my favorite." With another kiss to your cheek, Metatron left. "Goodbye," you whispered to the empty room.