Honey I'm Good (Dean Winchester x reader)

(Songfic based on "Honey I'm Good" by Andy Grammer)

Dean sank down into his seat at the bar, ready to drink away the day. He and Sam had just finished a rather nasty hunt and it was time to relax. Sam was hustling pool and chatting up a woman. Sensing movement next to him, Dean shifted in his seat. "Hey, handsome. Wanna dance?" the long-legged redhead asked him, batting her eyelashes. Dean smirked but shook his head. A year ago, he would have said yes in an instant. Not anymore. "Nah. I'm good."

Nah nah, honey I'm good
I could have another but I probably should not
I've got somebody at home

It's been a long night here, and a long night there
And these long, long legs are damn near everywhere
Hold up now, you look good, I will not lie
But if you ask where I'm staying tonight I gotta be like

Oh baby, no baby, you got me all wrong baby
My baby's already got all my love

So nah nah, honey I'm good
I could have another but I probably shouldn't
I've got somebody at home, and if I stay I might not leave alone
No, honey I'm good, I could have another but I probably shouldn't
I've gotta bid you adieu and to another I will stay true

(Hoo hoo wooh true) I will stay true
(Hoo hoo wooh true)
(Hoo hoo wooh)

The redhead stalked off to look for someone else to dance with and Dean went back to his beer. "Wow. I can't believe you turned her down," the bartender said as he cleaned out a glass. "Most guys would give their right arm to go home with her." Dean shrugged. "Yeah well, I've got someone waiting for me at home." He smiled at the thought of you.

You and Dean had been together for months now and he didn't want to ruin that. You had wormed your way into the heart he thought was broken beyond repair. You didn't hunt often, but you helped with research. Dean loved that about you. He loved that you were nerdy and would rather have your nose in a book than to be out and about. He loved that you trusted him explicitly. You didn't worry when Dean stopped at a bar after a hunt. He certainly wasn't about to break that trust, no matter how many women approached him.

Now better men than me have failed
Drinking from that unholy grail
Now check it out, I've got her and she got me
And you've got that ass, but I kindly gotta be like

Oh baby, no baby, you got me all wrong baby
My baby's already got all my love

So nah nah, honey I'm good
I could have another but I probably shouldn't
I've got somebody at home, and if I stay I might not leave alone
No, honey I'm good, I could have another but I probably shouldn't
I've gotta bid you adieu and to another I will stay true

(Hoo hoo wooh true) I will stay true
(Hoo hoo wooh true)
(Hoo hoo wooh)

A few moments later, the redhead came back. "Are you sure you won't join me?" she asked, taking on a sultry tone of voice. Sam, who had been keeping an eye on Dean, watched the exchange. He knew Dean was faithful to you, but he also knew Dean was a little wound up from the hunt. He watched Dean reach in his pocket and Sam left the girl he was talking to after apologizing. He thought, perhaps, that Dean was reaching for the keys to the Impala.

Sam stopped short when he saw that Dean had, in fact, pulled a small velvet box from his jacket. He was just close enough to hear the conversation between Dean and the redhead. "Sorry, sweetheart. I'm sure you're a great girl, but I've got someone at home waiting for me. And this ring? This is for them. The second I get home, I'm gonna propose. I won't ruin what I've got." Sam smiled, proud of his brother. The redhead grinned and congratulated Dean. "I wish you the best."

Oh, I'm sure you, sure you will make somebody's night
But oh, I'll show you, show you it sure as hell's not mine

Oh no, honey I'm good
I could have another but I probably shouldn't
I've got somebody at home, and if I stay I might not leave alone
No, honey I'm good, I could have another but I probably shouldn't
I've gotta bid you adieu and to another I will stay

Nah nah, honey I'm good
I could have another but I probably shouldn't
I've got somebody at home, and if I stay I might not leave alone
No, honey I'm good, I could have another but I probably shouldn't
I've gotta bid you adieu and to another I will stay true

The boys returned home the next night and you were waiting with dinner and, of course, pie. You heard Dean's voice calling out to you. "In here!" you called from the kitchen. A moment later, you felt Dean's arms wrap around you. "Hey there, handsome. Did you behave yourself?" you asked jokingly. Dean spun you around so you were facing him. "Of course I did. I've got a good thing here. Why would I ruin that?" He kissed you on the lips softly.

"Are you sure?" He nodded before whispering, "Yeah, honey. I'm good." He backed a little away from you and fished around in his jacket pocket. "Y/N..." he started and you could sense his nervousness. "Dean?" He swallowed thickly and produced the box from the contents of his pocket. "I have no idea how to do this but will you marry me?" He opened the box and you gasped at the simple ring nestled inside. "Of course I will!" you cried throwing your arms around his neck.

:mᰐA