Chapter 33-Plan(s) in Motion

As I walk towards the isolation cages, I then ask the orderly.

"Matthew, would it be all right if you let Abel and Will out? They won't do anything to me; I swear by it. I want them to be comfortable with me during our conversation."

Matthew agrees. He goes to unlock Abel and Will from the isolation cage and removes the handcuffs that they had on. I waited a moment. Matthew nods at me to go ahead. I walk up slowly. My breath was quivering with fear and slight anticipation. The first person that I talk to is Abel. He certainly has changed after our last encounter.

"Hello, Ms. Crawford."

"Abel. It's been a while."

Abel extends his hand to shake mine. I take his hand. Abel pulls my hand to his mouth to kiss my hand. I swear he's a terrible flirt.

"Still hard up for me, Abel?" I ask jokingly.

Abel winks at me.

"Every night, I think of that passionate kiss you gave me the night we battled. That's the only thing that makes me sleep peacefully and stirs my passionate urges for your body."

I roll my eyes and pull my hand away. I look at Will, who looks surprised to see me. I wrap my arms around him and hug Will. The orderly didn't yell at me when I hugged Will, so I lingered a little longer.

"Elizabeth, you look wonderful. How's your father doing?"

I clear my throat and say,

"I'm not sure. My communication with him has been limited, and I moved out of the house. I moved with Dr. Chilton."

Will raised his eyebrows, puzzled as to why I went ahead and moved in with Chilton.

"Frederick offered me a place to stay after I punched Hannibal in the face, and Jack expected me to apologize to Hannibal. I refused, of course. But I digress. I need to ask you both for something."

Abel and Will sit down, and I pull the chair across from them.

"I believe that Hannibal was responsible for Beverly Katz's death and I need help to prove it. I need help from both of you."

Both Will and Abel were staring at me for a while. Abel then says to me, "Sweetheart, that will be impossible. Knowing how Hannibal can be, it would be difficult to prove anything."

I sigh and say,

"He was getting suspicious about why Beverly had to swab for his DNA. He even cornered me when I made some accusations against him. I swear, when he's threatened, he tries to scare you by pushing you into the wall."

Abel giggled and said,

"Maybe I should've done that you. We could've been something beautiful, my dear."

Will then says,

"You need hard and clean evidence that Hannibal killed Beverly and that this isn't made up. Remember what happened to me. The best thing that any of us can do is maybe get him to admit something that he has done to you."

While it may not be much, I take comfort in the fact that I have people who are willing to go the extra mile for me, even if it means that their life would be at stake. I'd do the same thing for anyone.