Chapter 3-Katz Out Of The Bag

Elizabeth POV

I came back from lunch and waited for my father to return. Maybe I shouldn't have told Freddie those insults. Those words could come and bite me in the ass, but at this point, what do I care? She had no right to talk about my past, and who the hell said she could? I wish I could've strangled her and threw her body in the ravine. Or better yet, a woodchipper. No one would miss her. Who would? Her five followers? My thoughts were interrupted when Dad walked in with Alana, Will, and Hannibal. They're chuckling about something, and Dad says, 

"Elizabeth! How was your lunch?" 

I stand up from the chair and say, 

"It was great. Mr. Liu says hi, and he hopes to see you and Mom soon." 

I walk around the long table and go to my messenger bag with some notepads, pens, three Hershey Bars, and a tin of mints. I drop my tablet, which I bend to pick up, but Dr. Lecter picks it up for me. 

"Interesting note-taking. May I ask you what your degree is in?" Dr. Lecter asks me as he's handing me my notepad. 

"I went to George Mason University. I received a double major. One in Psychology with a Concentration in Forensic Psychology and Criminology with a concentration in Homeland Security and Justice." I answer back humbly. 

Dr. Lecter smiles at me and says, "You overdo to receive acceptance. I guess it has to do with the fact that you're adopted. Being neglected by one's parents is hard to accept, but when another family has to pick up after you, that's even harder." 

My blood began to boil. What the fuck did he say? Not trying to make a scene, I say to my father, 

"Dad, I think I'm going to head home. I have a slight headache, and I don't want to lash out. I'll see you later." 

Dad was getting ready to say something when I yanked my bag from the chair and headed to the elevator. The elevator was about to close when a hand stopped it. It was Beverly Katz. 

"Hey, Liz!" I sighed in annoyance. 

Not because of her, but because I could still see Lecter's smug face, probably joking at my expense. I motion her to jump in. She weirdly looks at me, and after the door closes, I tell her what happened. 

"Wow. That's messed up. Did you tell your dad?" I shake my head 'no.' 

We head to the first floor, and she walks out with me. As we go down the building's stairs, I go ahead and open the trunk of my car and throw my bag inside. 

"You need to tell Jack. He can get Lecter out of here. He has been interfering a lot with most of our cases, and it's pissing me the hell off." 

I walk around to the car's driver's seat and open the door. 

"We can talk tomorrow since it's Saturday. I'll be working on my thesis and maybe go have a coffee at Starbucks." 

Beverly nods and says, "Can we meet up? No, I'm not trying to hit on you, but I swear this Lecter guy sounds and acts weird." 

I nod my head in response and say goodbye to Beverly. She has been very nice to me. I drive away from the FBI parking lot and head towards the highway. There's light traffic, but I can handle it. Suddenly, my phone starts ringing. It's Beverly. 

Hello?

Hey, Liz! I just saw Lecter and Graham talking. 

What happened?

Will wanted to talk to you, and Lecter said that you had to run an errand. I swear to God, he's so smug. 

I just met him today, and he seems like an asshole. He probably has a stick up his ass.

I'll check later. Listen, I thought of this: Maybe your dad said your history to Lecter, and he told you that so he could see if he got to you. You want a career with the FBI, so maybe he wanted to know if you would crack under pressure. 

Maybe, but that's stupid, though. 

Oh crap! Your dad is looking for me. I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye! 

Bye! 

I hang up the phone and continue driving. Maybe my father did tell my history to Lecter. Perhaps he did want to see if I would crack under pressure. My thoughts are interrupted by a text message. I had already gotten off the highway and was driving on the feeder road. I stopped at a light and read the message. 

I'm sorry for our introduction today. If you allow me, let me take you to dinner as a way to apologize for my behavior. I spoke to your father, and he was okay with that. I hope to receive your response soon. 

Hannibal

How in the fiery pits of hell did he get my number, and who does this smug bastard think he is? I need to have a SERIOUS talk with my father when he gets home.