CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT - COLIN PRESSMAN

68.

COLIN PRESSMAN

A large smile formed on Colin Pressman's face as he watched the news. The speculation about Henry Morton being ruined, his career being over after his imprisonment for a several murders and him being mentioned in the same company of famous serial killers was just what Colin wanted. True, his original plan to kill him didn't go quite as he wanted but this was so much better. Death would have been too quick for the man who destroyed his career. He would now have to live with his loss for the rest of his life.

"That's tragic." The voice came from behind him, causing him to jump a little.

"Darling. You nearly scared me half to death," said Colin with one hand on his chest.

"Sorry, dear. It just goes to show that you never really know someone — do you."

"No. You don't."

"He took John to school many times. John still gets upset over Sam's death. I see him sometimes — wiping away tears."

"Sam?"

"Yes. Sam. Samuel Morton. John's best friend."

"Oh — yes. They were friends?"

"Really, Colin. Sometimes I think you don't know your son at all."

"Of course I do."

"You haven't comforted him about it. That's been left to me."

"Death comes to us all at some point, darling. He'll have to get used to it."

"Really. You can be so hard hearted sometimes."

"It's a fact of life. You live and then you die. He'll get over it." Colin heard a loud, disapproving sigh and looked over his shoulder to see his wife leaving the room. He turned his attention back to the television. It didn't look like the police were looking for anyone else.

He got what he deserved. I've taught him a lesson alright. He won't recover from this. "See what it feels like to lose everything, you son of a bitch," said Colin with a snarl. "I got you good."

He continued to watch the news before switching off the tv and going to his games room. Colin fancied a few frames of snooker. He hadn't practised in a while. He used to do quite well in the few amateur tournaments he'd entered when he was younger. Before he'd let his membership expire when he'd started his shows.

Those were the days, he thought.