chapter thirty-one - announcement

- CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE -

ANNOUNCEMENT

THE others listened in carefully, as Derek allowed for Soren to explain what was going on. "You've all been trying to figure out how to find my father but, I realized something a few days ago. The answer has been in front of us all along, we just haven't noticed it."

Emily glanced at the others, wondering what it was that they could of missed all along when she noticed how Derek continued shifting around, seeming to be concerned for Soren whilst she was explaining the idea when she suddenly put together what Soren was about to suggest. "You want to use yourself as bait."

Soren nodded slowly, "I do. And I know that this isn't safe or whatever, but I have to do this. All along, Arlo has been dropping hints, trying to tell us all who he is really after. And I know it's me. He hates me for betraying him and joining you guys, and he wants me to suffer for it."

"We can figure out a different way to get him, Soren. You don't need to do this." Hotch told her, his brows furrowing into concern as he watched determination spread across her face.

"I need too." Soren declared. "Me and Derek have been trying to think of ways to lure him out, and we have to come one conclusion."

"What is it?" JJ asked them, fiddling with her hands as she sat down. She was hesitant about Soren at first, but time and time again, the girl continued to prove herself to them and now she was willing to sacrifice herself for them all.

"I lure him out." Soren shrugged. "If I go to the coffee shop where I found out the FBI were hunting him down, then he'll go there. He has too."

"How can you be so sure?" Reid spoke up for the first time. "Arlo isn't going to fall for that."

"He will. He will do anything in his power to get me, and if he sees me all alone, he'll take that option right away." Soren disagreed, staring at Reid.

Reid shook his head, pursing his lips. "I think this plan is dangerous and stupid."

"Do you have anything else to offer to the table? Because from where I'm standing, you seem to be doing a whole lot of complaining and doing absolutely nothing to try and find Arlo." Soren spat bitterly, she was tired of him acting as though she was the enemy in the situation.

"Okay, let's just think about this for a moment." Rossi intervened, holding his hand up. "Soren, what you are planning on doing is extremely dangerous, if you do this...you'll be risking your life. Now, are you prepared to do that?"

Soren glanced at Derek, the man staring down at her sympathetically as she nodded. "I am. I'll do anything to catch him."

"That's our answer, we best get to work then." Rossi nodded, patting his legs as he stood.

The others stood up as well, walking over to the kitchen table where everything was set out ready for them. Before Reid had a chance to leave the room, Soren walked up to him, tapping him on the shoulder as he turned back around to her.

"What did I do?" Soren asked him quietly, looking into his eyes.

"Excuse me?" Reid asked confused.

Soren ran her hand through her hair. "What did I do to make you hate me so much?"

Reid sighed, knowing it was the moment where he had to admit that he wasn't angry at Soren, but he was jealous of her. Jealous of her for 'taking' Derek, the man who had been by his side of almost a decade. And just like that, he was gone. "It's not you, Soren."