chapter thirty-four - taken

- CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR -

TAKEN

A FEW HOURS later, Soren had been preparing herself some dinner just as she saw a shadowed figure move past the window. She paused what she was doing, glancing over at the window again just as she saw the figure move past the window again. Soren felt her heart beat even faster in her chest as she reached for her phone, clicking onto her contacts as she went to press on Derek's number just as the door was broken into as she dropped the phone, just as Derek answered.

"Hello? Soren?" Derek asked, putting the phone on speaker for everyone else to hear just as he heard something being broken in the background.

Soren rushed into the dining room, knowing that Derek kept a gun there and just as she clicked off the safety, she stopped breathing when she came face to face with her father. He was holding a gun in one hand, along with the cell phone she had just used to call Derek on as he stared at her with a smirk, watching as Soren stared at him in shock.

He placed the phone to his mouth, simply breathing into it just as he whispered. "Soren's a little...preoccupied right now." He hung up the phone, dropping it to the floor as he crushed his large boot over it just as Soren moved further away from him. "Stay right where you are, Soren."

"Get the fuck away from me!" Soren screamed, holding the gun up to him just as she aimed the gun at him. "Stay away, Arlo."

"Damn, not even a dad or Papa anymore?" Arlo tutted, smiling to himself as he moved closer to her. "I was expecting a nicer welcome than this, I'm feeling a little underappreciated right now."

Soren shook her head, "What did you expect? You killed Mom!"

"Boo who, she was dying for a way out anyways, I simply...helped her do it." Arlo smirked, moving closer to her until they were standing opposite one another. He moved Soren's hair out of her face, leaning down. "But you...you just keep getting away."

"What are you going to do with me?" Soren whispered, feeling annoyed at herself for not being strong enough to get away from him.

"I'm going to make you suffer for ever betraying me." Arlo whispered back with a cynical laugh.

*

Soren felt her limbs being tied up as she groaned, feeling a warm liquid rolling down her face as she opened her eyes slowly. The entire room her was dark, making her instantly panic as she had no idea where she was. Soren thought back to the moment when Arlo injected her as she fell into his arms, soon waking up in darkness.

Soren tried to hear anything around her but the only sound around her was slight tapping sound coming from an old and broken pipe that was creating a small puddle against the concrete underneath her. She moved her hands around, trying to undo the rope that was wrapped around her wrists but nothing seemed to be working, no matter how hard she tried.

She listened to the sounds around her, trying to hear any sounds of movement. The entire room was cold too, sending shivers down her spine as she bit down on her bottom lip. She hit the bottom of the chair against the ground, hearing the sound echo around her as she realized she was in a large room that didn't have anything else in it rather than the rusting old chair she was sitting on.

Her heart began beating even faster in her chest as she watched the door open, a slither of light escaping through the door as Arlo's boots echoed across the floor. Arlo flicked the light onto the room, making Soren squint her eyes as she adjusted to the lights above her.

Arlo's mouth twisted into a smirk as he watched the blood drip from Soren's forehead as his dark eyes turned to her. "Finally, you're up. You were knocked out for quite some time."

"Yeah, well that's what happens when you inject someone." Soren rolled her eyes.

Arlo chuckled at her kneeling down in front of her. "And talking as well, shocking. You've changed too much."

"That what happens when you don't see a person for a little while." Soren sighed. "Now are you gonna tell me where I am or what?"

Arlo moved closer towards her, "Oh, no where for you to know. I just needed to have a little conversation with you without having your little FBI friends running to your rescue."

Soren glared at him, her blue eyes connecting with his as she refused to show him fear. "You blame me for tearing this family apart when it's you. You killed Victoria and Mom, that's on you. Not me."

Arlo raised his hand at her, striking his hand across her face as she spat the blood out from her mouth. "Watch your damn mouth, girl."

"Prima tu, stronza." Soren spat at him.

Arlo stared at her for a moment, before reaching into his back pocket and pulling out the familiar blade that Soren had seen years ago. The same blade that she had used herself, as he moved it between his finger tips as he dragged it along her face, Arlo looked at her dead in the eyes as he moved the tip of the blade slightly above her eye brow before dragging it along , causing her to hiss as tears welled in her eyes before Arlo pushed it further into her face as he removed it from her face from the middle of her cheek.

Soren held her breath, opening her eyes as she watched him then bring the knife further down until it was above her thigh until he brought it down, pushing it further into her thigh as she threw her head back, refusing to show him tears.

"You're stronger than I thought." Arlo said to her. "But not strong enough."

He brought the blade down on her again as she cried out, the pain making her body tremble as she begged for Derek to find her quickly.