chapter eleven - years

CHAPTER TEN - years later 

[SOREN] 

set in season 9 - five years later

MY EARS were still ringing, and my eyes were burning. I looked down at my hands, seeing them covered in blood as I walked down the streets of Virginia, Quantico. It had been years since I had last been here and now, I was back with only one person in mind. 

My sister, Sybil Hale.

Even though I was usually busy doing jobs for my father, I still kept an eye onto Sybil. From what I know now after five long years, Sybil was now engaged to a businessman, Tobias and the two were expecting their first child together in four months' time. She looked older now, her hair was longer, and her eyes were brighter than the last time I had ever seen her.

The bump on her stomach was present. 

Now that I was back in Virginia, I walked down the streets with a limp on my leg as I maneuvered past the dozens of people around me. I pushed them out of the way, ignoring their grunts as I headed down the narrow streets, when I finally got down the street that Sybil lived on, I stood in front of her door. 

The door opened a few moments later, as a man stood in front of me. His hair was a dark blonde and he was tall, with a brooding look on his face that made him look even more serious. I had made the deduction that the man standing in front of me was Tobias. 

He looked down at me for a moment, his arms reaching out to grab onto my as I collapsed into his arms. "Sybil! Come here!"

I was dragged into the home, the distant sound of the door slamming closed as I was laid down onto the couch. Blood dripped from my head and the cuts on my body were becoming slightly more painful than they were a few moments ago, bruises littered my face, and my lip was swollen.

"Oh, my God." A womans voice whispered, I peeled my eyes open to see Sybils figure kneeled beside me. "Soren, what happened to you?"

"Dad." I managed to whisper before my eyes fluttered close.

_________

[THIRD PERSON POV] 

Sybil and Tobias dragged the limp body of Soren Hale down the hospital corridors. They had chosen to bring her to the hospital themselves rather than waiting for the ambulance as it was quicker for them. They called out for a doctor as a few nurses rushed over, taking her from their hands as they brought her into a different room, each of them calling out different instructions. 

Sybil placed her hands over her mouth as silent tears fell down her face. She always had the regret and guilt in the back of her mind of leaving her sister with their psychopathic father, and that had haunted her for the majority of her life. 

When she met Tobias, she had confided in him about what had happened and to her surprise - he didn't judge her - he supported her and brought her the comfort she had always needed. He wrapped his arms around her shoulder, pulling her tightly into his chest.

"I can't believe she's back after all this time." Sybil gasped, looking up to Tobias.

Tobias shook his head, also finding it difficult to believe as well. "We'll find out why soon enough."

A nurse in scrubs walked over to them, a small smile on her face. "Ms. Hale, your sister is stable and just being stitched up now. As a precautionary, we have had to call the police to let them know about her, but everything should be cleared up soon."

"You called the police?" Sybil whispered, her eyes widening in fear as she gripped onto Tobias' hand tighter.

"We had to, Ms. Hale."

"No, you can't do that." She shook her head. "She's fine now, she just got into a fight, but everything is fine now. Please. You can't call the cops."

"I'm sorry, Ms. Hale, but they are on their way."

The nurse walked away, leaving the couple to stare at her retreating figure. As soon as the nurse was out of sight, Sybil rushed into the room Soren was in, locking the door behind them as she held onto her hand. 

"I'm so sorry, Soren. There was nothing I could do." Sybil cried, fearing the worst for her younger sister. Soren needed her all those years, and she wasn't there for her.

Soren slowly opened her eyes, the pain for her head dulling. "The police are coming here?"

"Yes."

"It's okay. I understand." Soren replied, turning her head slightly as the sound of footsteps outside the door alerted them that the cops had arrived.

They knocked on the door before the door was opened by one of the nurses. Sybil kept her hand tightly connected to Soren's as more tears fell from her eyes. She had let her down again, and to her, it felt like history was repeating itself right in front of her eyes and she couldn't do anything to stop it. 

"Ms. Hale. We are here to ask you some questions."