Aftermath

After the altercation with Shantelle, Joe once again felt like shit. Once again, he let his jealousy consume him and cause him to act like a complete jackass. Deep down, he knew that his wife was naturally sweet and friendly and would never do anything to hurt or disrespect him, but somehow, he just couldn't help himself. The thought of other men in such close proximity to his wife drove him nuts, and caused him to lash out in a jealous rage. After the incident in the kitchen, he decided to get some air and go hang out with his cousins. As he made the drive to meet Jonathan and Joshua, he began to mentally reflect....

Joe's POV
What the fuck is wrong with me? I'm taking my medication, seeing my therapist and I'm still snapping out whenever some man gets too friendly with my wife. I just don't know what it is, when it comes to Shantelle, I just have the innate desire to be territorial, possessive and jealous, and to be honest, deep down it's not really necessary. It's not necessary because she is soft, sweet, gentle and got a heart of 24 karat gold. I mean, I don't know, she just brings out another side of me. The thought of another man having her and trying to take her away from me drives me insane. But I know I can't let it control me, because the last thing I want to do is scare her away. I love her too much to ever do that. But, at the same time, I'll never ever let go of her, she's mine forever—whether she likes it or not. She's stuck with me! And that's why I'm getting off this damn medication, because I refuse to let any man sample her sugar walls—or even think they have a chance to, because I will catch a damn case killing a muthafucka about mine!!! That sweetness between my wife's thick thighs belongs to me and me alone! After what happened this morning, I decided to give Shantelle some space and give myself a chance to cool off, so I'm about to hang out with my cousins at their house. Good thing is, Jonathan and Joshua live next door to each other.

As I pull into Joshua's driveway, I see the twins outside setting up the barbecue grill.

"Hey what's up y'all?" I say as I get out of the car.

"What up Uce!! Whatchu doing here so early? The cookout ain't til 5 this evening?" Jonathan asked.

"Well, what had happened was..." I started to say, rubbing the back of my neck, feeling embarrassed.

The twins looked at each other and shook their heads..

"Awww.....whatchu done did now Uce?" Joshua asked pointedly.

"Whatchu mean?" I ask, knowing exactly what he meant.

"Whatchu mean what I mean? What I said!" He replied.

"I'll bet it's got something to do with Shantelle." Jonathan chimed in.

"You already know Uce, it's 'bout Shantelle!" Joshua laughed.

"So.....what you do?" Joshua asks me again.

"I lost my temper...again." I say quietly.

"You ain't put yo' hands on her did you?"  Jonathan asked, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Hell naw! Never that! Come on now! That's my baby!" I say, getting defensive.

"Then what happened?" Joshua asked.

I explained how Shantelle invited the gardeners and the mail man in my house and she was feeding them French Toast and strawberry lemonade. I also told them that I felt like they was flirting with her and how I snapped, kicking them out and how me and Shantelle got into an argument and we accused each other of cheating.

After I got done explaining what happened, the twins looked at me, then at each other and shook their heads...

"What?" I ask.

"Whatchu mean what Uce? For real? Shantelle is a sweetheart, why you be trippin'?" Joshua asked.

"Mannnnn...I wasn't trippin'" I say, clearly in denial about my behavior.