Instacart Ignorance-Part 2

Disclaimer: This chapter contains violence and profanity.

Thank you for the support and reading! You all are the best! ❤️❤️❤️

When Shantelle saw that her Instacart deliverer was Darnell, her heart dropped in the pit of her stomach. She knew that if Joe saw him at the door, he would lose his shit, and she felt that they were finally in a good place and she didn't need any more problems.

"Well..hello there love. I have your delivery, I see you've got quite a bit of groceries." Darnell said with a huge smile.

"Yes I do." Shantelle replied not cracking a smile.

"Do you need help putting it away?" He asked.

"Absolutely not, that's what my husband is here for." Shantelle said with a serious face.

"Well it is indeed a lot of groceries, are you sure I can't assist you?" Darnell asked again.

"No, no you may not." Shantelle rolling her eyes. "But can I ask you a question, well two questions?"

"Yes."

"One....why are you working for Instacart and second, why did you select my order to deliver?" She asked, curious.

"Well, I have a criminal background to answer your first question." He replied.

Shantelle eyes widened at this revelation.

"Criminal background? What did you do?" She asked, wanting to know more.

"Well, several years ago, I was an accomplice to a botched home invasion which led to a elderly woman being killed. I wasn't caught but I have a criminal background for other non-violent crimes." He said.

"I see." She replied.

"And to answer your second question, I wanted to see you again." He replied smiling.

"I don't know what for. As I told you, I am a HAPPILY married woman, so I really don't know what to tell you." Shantelle announced.

"Well at least I can see you as I deliver your groceries." Darnell replied.

At that moment, Shantelle heard a voice she hadn't hoped to hear...

"Hey baby, I'm done with the..." Joe began to say before he stopped dead in his tracks.

" Joe began to say before he stopped dead in his tracks