Still Hurt

A Few Hours Later.....
Shantelle was still resting in bed and Joe was doing his best to make her happy and comfortable, but at the same time, trying to give her space. He mostly stayed in his office, but would periodically check on her and bring her food. Although she accepted the food, she remained silent and tearful—a complete opposite of her normal bubbly, cheerful demeanor, and it made Joe feel like a pile of shit.

A short while later, there was a knock at the door, when Joe answered it, he saw it was the twins and their wives.

"Hey y'all." Joe said softly.

"What's up Uce." Jonathan said.

"Hey Uce." Joshua said not looking Joe in the eye.

Trinity punched Joe hard in his arm and looked him up and down.

"Ow! Damn Trin! What was that for?" Joe asked holding his arm.

"Shut up!!!! You know what!" Trinity snapped back.

Takecia just rolled her eyes and shook her head and walked past him.

"Y'all told them?! I said I would explain when y'all got here!" Joe said sounding irritable.

"Yeah we kinda had to." Jonathan said sheepishly.

"Where is she Joe?!" Takecia demanded.

"She's in our bedroom on the second floor, first door on the right." Joe replied.

"Come on Trin, let's make sure she's ok!" Takecia said giving Joe a dirty look, as they went upstairs.

After the ladies went upstairs, Jonathan spoke up..

"Damn Uce, what happened?" He asked.

"I-I don't know....like I said I don't even know how I got home!" Joe said as he sat down and put his head in his hands.

"That's why I told you Uce not to give him no alcohol. You know he act a fool when he get drunk!" Jonathan said to Joshua.

"I was just trying to console him. You see how he was crying like a baby when he was at the house!" Joshua retorted.

"I get that but you KNOW whenever he drink whiskey, he shows his ass. Remember those five dudes that got they asses handed to them and we had to bail him out of jail? The police had to taze his ass just to get him in handcuffs? It got ugly. You remember?" Jonathan argued.

"Oh yeahhhh...I forgot about that." Joshua said shuddering as he reminisced about the incident. "Well...shit....I was just tryin' to help."

"I love her y'all. What am I gonna do?! I don't remember anything!!!! It's that damn fake ass Idris Elba's fault!! If he had just left her alone, I wouldn't have got upset  and I probably wouldn't have gotten got drunk!!" Joe explained.

 What am I gonna do?! I don't remember anything!!!! It's that damn fake ass Idris Elba's fault!! If he had just left her alone, I wouldn't have got upset  and I probably wouldn't have gotten got drunk!!" Joe explained

"Yeah but if she said you raped her, then you probably did Uce. Especially if she's got bruises on her. I don't think Shantelle would lie on you, I mean it's not like she's some random ass female, she's your wife." Jonathan said.