Disobedience Part 3

Pensacola Medical Center-The Same Day

"How are you today?" Darnell asked in an attempt to engage Shantelle in conversation....

After completing her paperwork, Shantelle just sat there waiting for the doctor and ignored Darnell.

"So who are you here to see?" Darnell inquired, in attempt to make small talk.

"Kinda nosy aren't you? Not that it's any of your business, but if you must know, I'm here to see Dr

"Kinda nosy aren't you? Not that it's any of your business, but if you must know, I'm here to see Dr. Dunigan." Shantelle replied with an attitude.

"Wow! What a coincidence! That's my provider too! And I apologize for being intrusive." Darnell said with a smile.

"Whatever." Shantelle sighed as she rolled her eyes.

"You seem rather cross with me. Did I do something wrong?" Darnell asked genuinely.

Shantelle turned and looked at him like he grew a second head...

"Are you fucking kidding me right now? I mean are you really asking me such a stupid question?!" She said getting irritated.

"Sorry?" Darnell said.

"Yeah you are indeed sorry. You know full well you overstepped your boundaries and then had my husband arrested! Stop trying to insult my intelligence!!" She snapped.

"But he attacked me first!" Darnell argued. "I was just doing my job, doing my best to make a living. It's hard for me, I have a criminal record and I do my best!

"You mentioned before about the criminal record, since you keep trying to get my attention, why don't tell me more about that." Shantelle said.

At that moment, the medical assistant called Shantelle's name.....

"Shantelle Anoa'i?" The young woman said.

"Here's my phone number. Please call me so I can explain." Darnell said, handing her a small sheet of paper.

"Ok." Shantelle says as she puts the paper in her purse and follows the medical assistant to the exam room.

"So what brings you in today?" The medical assistant asked.