00. backstory

00. backstory

Graciela Alvarez  is the younger sister to Mexican and Ajax player Edson Alvarez. Graciela is one of three of her parents kids. Being the only girl to be born to the Alvarez family, Graciela always felt an extra sense of pressure to be successful. Even though her parents never forced that upon her, she always felt the pressure to be successful due to the success her elder brother had.

Ever since she was young the girl would watch her brothers spend hours playing football outside while she was inside teaching herself to speak English with books she found in the market. Since there was a significant age between her brothers and herself she found pride in learning new things. So it was no surprise to the Alvarez family when     Graciela found new hobbies to keep herself entertained.

The girl had an old camera she had found one day when she was chasing after her brothers. The camera was broken and her older brothers constantly made fun of her for bringing home the old camera that was broken.     Graciela spent days fixing the camera and eventually was able to fix it well enough to use it.

She loved that camera and loved photographing her older brothers as well. She would follow Cezar to his football practices and would spend much time helping her parents.

The girl was extremely close to her brothers, so when Edson left home to play football with Pachuca she was crushed. The young girl was only five and made it her life's work to not feel sadness because she knew her brother was achieving his dreams. Besides she still had Cezar.

The eldest brother knew that the girl missed Edson. Though he and Graciela fought a lot, he knew the bond that his two younger siblings had was stronger than anything in this world.

He remembered the day she was born, Edson was only five and originally hadn't wanted another sibling but when he first laid eyes on her something had changed inside him. Edson had vowed to protect her at all costs and he had.

So while he was off in Pachuca living his dream he would FaceTime them and write letters to the young girl. Cezar would read the letter to her and help her write back to him.  Though the girl was very smart because by the age of six she was writing on her own and reading what her brother wrote her.

Since, she and Cezar had a large age gap, while he was off running around with his friend in, the barrio, playing football; she was in her home learning. By the time the girl was ten she was fluent in English and even sounded like a native speaker. She could read and write almost perfectly in both languages and had already mastered playing the guitar and photography. Though at ten she had her brother back around so running after the two again was what she found happiness in doing.

She could recall a day when they were playing football together in the barrio and a man approached Edson to tell him the he was from Club America and wanted him to try out for the team. Edson had previously given up on football after being kicked out from Pachuca at the age of fourteen.