016. spain

016. spain

the hardest part of returning to spain was getting out of the airport. multiple times graciela alvarez had contemplated taking a flight to amsterdam and quitting her job with barcelona.

she knew she couldn't but it didn't mean she couldn't try.

after being found in the terminal by a couple fans of "el machin," otherwise known as edson alvarez, the whole world knew she was in barcelona. which not only meant that liliana hernandez would be waiting to take her home but, all the press who were waiting on the statement she would be making regarding her relationship.

the overwhelming feeling she began getting was making her nervous. she felt a panic attack coming on and could do nothing more than call the first person she thought of.

her chest had began to tighten the closer she got to the exit doors.

the phone began to ring. it kept ringing and ringing. until...

"hello?" the voice spoke.

graciela couldn't talk, she could barely breathe in the moment.

christian pulisic who was on the other end of the phone could hear her harsh breaths. he understood what the girl was going through as the male had gotten panic attacks often as well.

"just breathe. take deep breaths. i'm here grace, you are not alone." the male spoke out to the girl.

graciela did as told. taking deep breaths and trying to calm herself. she was surrounded by paparazzi asking questions and taking photos. as well as fans begging for pictures with the female.

"tell me something anything. distraction i need a distraction," graciela spoke quickly but christian heard every word.

he began to tell the female about the struggle the team had been having. he told her about all the players that had made it known they weren't going to return to the team next season.

and slowly the girl had calmed down. she no longer saw the flashing lights or heard the voices of everyone around her. she was focused on the sound of christian's voice.

when she reached the doors that lead out to barcelona, she noticed a car and a driver who were holding up her name.

she walked over to the driver, who told her that he was instructed by the club to bring her to the training grounds. it was where she was to meet liliana, who would be taking her home.

the girl grabbed her two bags and put them in the back of the car and kept her back pack with her. she got into the car to be face to face with wendell havertz and immediately got out of the car.

she didn't hesitate to being to grab her things from the back of the car.

"gracie just wait let me explain-," wendell tried to tell the girl before she was cut off.