Chapter 2

Amy ignored Lou and carried on with her homework.
Lou huffed and told her she needed her there at 11am for the first trail ride and 3pm for the second then walked outside.
Jack Looked at Amy and walked out as well telling her not to be late to the Dude Ranch.
Amy just banged her head on the table, she was fed up with trying to run her mothers business, do School, and be used as a slave.
She slammed her pen down and walked over to the Barn office.
The first thing she did was phone up her clients and explained the situation to them, they moaned at her but Amy reminded them that she was good at her profession but was still only 16 yrs old. They'd both agreed and made arrangements to collect them later that day. Then Amy went into her Web page and changed it to Closed until further notice.
Amy then went back to the Ranch House and carried on with her homework.

Come 11am, Amy couldn't see anyone, no Ty, no Grampa, no Tim.
She walked to the Dude Ranch and surprisingly Ty was mucking out Lou's Stable. No Lou or Jack and no Tim.
"Ty, has Lou got you mucking out her Stables instead of our Barn
That evening at Dinner, they were all eating when Jack spoke up.
"So you two,( looking at Amy and Ty) Amy did you get any work done on your horses (No) did you do the Trail Rides ( Yes) what else did you do then."
"I was able to get some of my Homework done".
"What about your horses".
"Well as I have Homework and School, plus working for free for Lou's Dude Ranch, I've closed down my business as I never get time to actually work with the client horses, infact I have been so busy working for Lou, without being Paid, the last time I worked on any horse for MY business was 4 weeks ago and the two I had left have now been collected. So I'm your slave Lou.".
Jack and Lou huffed.
"Ty, what about your Jobs, did you get my barn cleaned out."
Lou got up and walked out saying she'd be back soon.
"Ty, I asked you a question".
"Sorry Jack but no I didn't get my jobs done".
"What the hell have you been doing all day".
"Same as me Grampa, working for Lou as free Labour , she had Ty doing her Stables and other jobs, except of course you actually pay Ty. I'm fed up with it Grampa, it's all Lou, I can't afford to buy any new clothes because mine are worn out and have holes in them. "
Amy stood and ran out to the Barn.
"Ty, where was Caleb, he's supposed to do the Dude Ranch stables and any other jobs plus help me with the Cattle and fencing ".
"Haven't seen him for two weeks, look Jack can I say something about Amy".
"What you wanna say".
"Well she works real hard, and before I left after she'd won the Hudson Finale, she was working hard with the troubled horses and doing her homework, helping Scott with troubled or sick horses, doing her school work, then Lou and Tim built the Dude Ranch, now she can't do any of it because Lou is using her as free Labour Jack, she's closed her website down, she's struggling with homework, can't work with horses and now Lou's using me and I couldn't do the barn, I know it's none of my business,,, ."
"Yep your right Ty, it's none of your business, from now on you do not work for the Dude Ranch, you work for me. If Lou wants you to do stuff you say No, okay".
Jack got up and walked out.
"Okay, so it looks like I'm doing all the washing up, hang on they have a Dishwasher ". Ty spoke to himself.

After Ty had finished tidying up he walked back to the Barn and heard a loud argument going on between Jack and Lou about the Dude Ranch and Amy in the office.
Ty walked into the barn and saw the mess was still there, no one had time to clean it because of Lou and her Dude Ranch, there was no Spartan, the tack and his saddle were gone which meant Amy was out on him.
Ty was worried because there had been a lot of rustling going on, and they wouldn't think twice about shooting someone. Ty ran back to the office and interrupted Jack and Lou.
"Did anyone think to tell Amy about the Rustlers in the area."
"Err, no I didn't, did you Lou".
"Erm, no. Didn't think she would need to know, she always stays on the Ranch".
"She'll be fine Ty, you worry to much".

Amy was just out riding round on one of her trail rides, it was a warm evening and still light.
She started thinking about her Mum and how much she wished she was still here with her. She was also thinking how she felt used, she'd closed her business down because everything was about Lou, she hadn't seen Tim since her Birthday, he was all Lou and there business together. Infact everything changed when her dad came back into her life, he upset the balance, unknowingly everyone is doing what her Dad wants but they dont see it. Lou goes on about having a good education and her Business certificates or something like that, yet she's not bothered about her education or getting her homework done.
Her clothes have holes in them, her Jeans are worn out. The only things she has now worth wearing are a couple of dresses, but she needs to make herself look an embarrassment to Lou, Grandpa probably won't even notice.
Before Amy new it the light was going and she was at the Dude Ranch.
Amy put Spartan into a fast trot and rode back to the Barn.
Ty was in the house with Lou and Jack, but he thought he heard Spartan, so he made his excuses and said he was going to bed.
Ty walked into the Barn and walked up to Amy. He could hear her crying and put his hand on her shoulder, Amy turned around and when Ty saw the state of her he pulled her to him and held her. Amy wrapped her arms around him and held him tightly as she let herself cry properly.
"Are you eating properly Amy, hugging you like this, you feel thinner".
"When I can".
When Amy had calmed down Ty told her how he tried to talk to Jack about the situation but Jack told him to mind his own business.
Amy thanked him and kissed him on the cheek but near his lips, then walked to the Ranch House.
As Amy walked in she saw her dad had finally turned up but he didn't speak to her, he got up walked over to her and kissed the top of her head then walked out.
"You cut that close Amy".
" Err what do you mean Grampa, it's 7pm and still light outside, and will be until about 10pm."
Lou looked at her then Jack, "We want you in by 6PM now Amy".
"What the hells going on here, I'm 16 not 6, I've been out till 9pm some night's and now your giving me a curfew, Dad didn't speak to me, he kissed the top of my head and then left".
"Amy, your only 16 and you need to be kept under control ".
"What, I haven't done anything wrong and now I really do feel like a slave. I have no money for clothes, which if you see what I have on is full of holes. I can't earn any money because I'm always working for Lou and her damn Dude Ranch. I've had to close down my business because I can never find time to fix customer's horses. Well at least from 6PM I can get my schoolwork done. Goodnight I'm going to bed".
"What about Dinner".
"I'm not hungry anymore ".

🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎

To be continued.