(30) Order

"You've got a darker side, you know it's a mess but you don't need to hide."

-Jade LeMac

"How on earth did you three manage to get here?" Obi-Wan Kenobi asks, his tone filled with disappointment and perhaps a bit of awe. I could sense his frustrations, along with Anakin's who shot me a dark look from where he was chained to the pillar. I offered him a crooked guilty smile and he shook his head, looking out towards where two geonotion guards were bringing creatures out.

As soon as I had woken up, Padme and I raced to Geonosis on the ship we had brought to Tatooine. Upon arriving we were immediately apprehended and transported to an arena where Anakin and Obi-Wan were. So much for a seamless rescue.

The crowd cheered as the creatures approached us. I winced as the guards poked one of them with an electric speer. The creature roared in defiance but did nothing to attack the guard as it slowly advanced on us.

I was so stupid, why had I brought Padme? She was going to die because of me and this was all my fault. All because I had let my emotions of a certain someone get in the way.

"We were just trying to help!" Padme offered but Obi-Wan just started shaking his head again, his eyes closing.

"Taking a senator into a hostile territory I explicitly said not to go to, really Anakin?" Obi-Wan sighed, "You are going to be the death of me."

"We just wanted to make sure you were ok." I intervened for Anakin, "We didn't know if the council was going to get there in time."

Obi-Wan nodded, understanding, "I don't blame you Leora."

"Hey, what about me?" Anakin asked, mock betrayal crossing his face.

"Hey um these beasts are getting close!" Padme called. I diverted my attention from Anakin and Obi-Wan, my gaze landing on the creatures. First and foremost, I had to save Padme. Using the chains around my wrist, I pulled myself up on the pillar, balancing on the top and using the force on my cuffs. Closing my eyes I envision the locks, watching as they opened in my mind. The cuffs around my fist popped off and I smiled.

"Anakin, Obi-Wan, the cuffs aren't force proof!" I called, watching as Anakin and Obi-Wan closed their eyes. I took a breath, jumping from my pillar to Obi-Wans, then from his to Padme's. Dropping down, one the beasts roared, charging towards Anakin. I didn't have time to watch as I quickly unlocked Padme, grabbing her waist and the chain and then force jumping us up to the top of the pillar. I set her down, handing her the chain so she had some form of balance before I jumped back to the ground where Anakin was being chased by a beast.

Coming up behind it, I vaulted my body on top of it, closing my eyes and attempting to make a connection. When I was younger, Master Plo would always take me to planets such as Lothal and help me with my connections to wildlife. He had told me it was a valuable skill to learn how to properly use the force and its gifts.

Though, this giant beast below me wasn't a loth cat, it was still the same concept... right?

Closing my eyes, I reached through the force until I could truly feel the creature. I could feel it's heart, it's mind, it's soul. Taking a breath, I willed the creature to calm, reminding it that I was its friend. After bucking a few more times, the creature stopped moving as if it were awaiting further instructions.

"Anakin! Padme! Hop on!" I called, moving the beast towards Padme's pillar. The senator dropped down, landing behind me. Anakin jumped on, joining us for our fun joy ride. Screams filled the arena and I looked up just in time to see what seemed to be thousands of bugs flying towards us.