(24) The Battle of Sokovia

"The end is here."

-Phoebe Bridgers

All it took was a running start.

Leora soared through the air, the wind whistling in her ears as she grabbed onto a hanging pipe, using it as leverage to throw herself up even higher. She landed on the cracked streets of Sokovia to find the people in absolute terror.

First thing was first, she needed to find the team.

Reaching out with her senses, Leora's mind zeroed in on Steve. He was already fighting against robots, his shield hitting one after another. Ultron's Siege had truly started.

Boosting herself into the air, Leora jumped from building to building. She still didn't have a weapon, nothing she could use to defend herself against a robot if one were to attack her. So she ran, Tony would have something for her, he always did.

"I see you've decided to join the lost cause." Leora turned to see a robot, its eyes glowing red, Ultron's voice protruding from it, "Such a shame." The robot lifted his arm towards her, hand glowing and a beam-

Leora's hands shot out in front of her, her right arm catching the beam. She held it in her palm for a split second before throwing it right back at the robot. She watched, eyes wide at what she had just done. It was like second nature, just like the night she had stopped Thor from hurting Steve.

And speaking of Steve.

Leora saw him, battling alongside Thor. Dropping to the ground, Leora rolled to the side, sprinting towards the two.

"STEVE THOR!" She yelled, relief flooding through her as they turned to look at her. Steve punched a robot behind him, closing the distance between the two.

"Leora!" He pulled her into a tight hug before setting her down, "Are you alright?" He questioned, placing a comm unit in her hand. Leora nodded, bringing the comm to her ear and placing it inside.

"You guys didn't think I would let you all have the fun right?" Leora teased into the voice channel.

"Glad to know you're ok Lora." Natasha was the first to respond, "I could use some help on the north end."

"On my way." Adrenaline filled Leora's blood as she once again shot herself up. She looked out over the city, eyes landing on Tony. She landed on a building, watching as the metal man zoomed towards her in a flash of gold and red.

"Merry Christmas kid!" He yelled, dropping a package at her feet. Carefully, Leora picked it up, opening the lid. Inside were two silver hilts, much like the one of the sword Tony had given her. But these were slimer, more narrow. Leora picked them both up, dropping the box. Blades shot from both hilts as she ignited them, they crackled with blue electricity, "They're fashioned like Natasha's batons, they're a lot more effective instead of just one sword."

"Thank you Tony." Leora smiled, jumping off the building and running to help Nat.

...

Natasha and Leora fought side by side. Indeed, her new blades were much more effective against the legionnaires. With on touch they dropped to the ground, losing power in an instant. But something was different about Leora, the way she gripped the hilts in a reverse style. She was flipping through the air and it was more than just a dance this time.

This time she was fighting for her life, for the future she had created. She was fighting for her family, for herself.

Her fighting style had changed with the blades, instead of brutal swings, she was more efficient, graceful and lilith. This was too familiar to her, it felt as though the strings holding her back had finally been cut off, allowing her to reach her full potential, herself. Almost like Ultron in a sick way.