UNEXPECTED

Larenz proposing to me was such a surprise. I was excited just to be at the car show, but this was the cherry on top.

I hugged him and enjoyed the congratulations from his colleagues and strangers. It was such an amazing feeling to know that he was ready to make a true commitment to me.

We sat at a restaurant and talked about our future plans and the best time of the year to have a wedding. After dinner, Larenz got a call from one of the crew members. The convention was having a Q&A for the car fans and wanted them there in an hour.

I was so happy for him and wanted to sit back and watch him talk about his expertise.

Once we arrived back at the center, we were taken to an auditorium. On the stage was a long table with chairs behind it. A big sign with the Onyx Customs logo on it sat towards the side.

The seats were beginning to fill up as the crew took the stage. I smiled and took pictures like a proud mother.

"Congratulations."

I knew the voice immediately and refused to look Sterling's way.

"Thanks." I kept my eyes forward.

"I see you're still mad at me."

"Mad at you for what?"

"You know."

I sucked my teeth. "Whatever."

"You blocked me and went back with your boyfriend. I'd say I must've done something."

I didn't say anything, trying to pretend he wasn't there. Soon, the host began to speak.

"Welcome everyone, for our Q&A with this year's headliners Onyx Customs."

My hands clapped along with the crowd. The crew was introduced, and I cheered when Larenz was announced.

Sterling watched them on the stage with a soft smile. He looked really proud of them. Soon, he noticed me staring at him, and I quickly looked away.

"Well, Onyx customs wouldn't be possible without our Boss, Sterling Aubreo."

He waved but stayed where he was.

"Come on, Mr. Aubreo. Let's introduce you to the fans."

He leaned down next to my ear. "You think your fiancé would be mad that I know how you taste?"

My heart dropped as he walked toward the stage. The women in the audience screamed and cheered like feral cats.

Sterling walked onto the stage and waved at the crowd. Then he looked at me with a smirk on his face.

I was definitely over this convention.

***

It was our last night in Lotus City, so we definitely were going all out. We all drank, danced, and sang our hearts out while half-naked women danced in cages.

There were different werewolf packs amongst the crowd, but I didn't sense any Alphas. Iris was being her usual territorial self, giving me a lap dance. I could smell her arousal and knew she would be knocking on my hotel door tonight.

Larenz seemed to be having a great time, but I didn't see his lady with him. I still wanted Tamryn, and something inside of me wouldn't let me give up.

I sat in the cut, watching from afar while Michelle flirted with Larenz. He was holding back, since we all did witness him propose to his girl.

"Come on, let's dance," Michelle said to him, and he declined.

Smart man. I guess he learned his lesson.

My mind was bored so I called it a night and decided to walk to my hotel. It was a few blocks away, and I needed the fresh air. Cars drove by as the street lights lit up the sidewalks and buildings.

I was satisfied with how this convention went and hoped the founder meant what he said about Onyx Customs. A chill ran down my spine while I walked down the alley. The smell of a few werewolves filled my nose, but I expected I would be followed eventually.

Usually, packs are informed of who is an Alpha and wouldn't dare try to approach or attack one. I knew it had to be rogues following me, so I stopped and waited for someone to make a move, but nothing happened.

I continued walking when my phone rang. I looked at the screen.

"Tamryn?"

Even though she blocked me, I didn't delete her number. I wonder what she could be calling me about. Larenz either doesn't have his phone or he's not answering. I smiled, then pressed ignore.

I'm not going to help ease her mind about him.

Soon, I was in the hotel lobby when two young women walked towards me.

"Hi, Mr. Sterling. We are such big fans of your work."

"Yeah, we just wanted to know if we can get your autograph?"

This was very new to me. I tried my best not to be creeped out.

"Thanks. But y'all really want my autograph?"

They both smiled. "Yes, please."

Both had laminated posters of our brand logo. I couldn't believe they were so invested. I signed both, and they were very excited. It was cute.

"Have a good night, ladies."

They squealed as I went to walk towards the elevators. I pressed the button, and once the doors opened, Tamryn was standing in front of me.

"Why did you decline my call?"

I smiled, then joined her on the elevator.