BACK DOWN

After a few meetings with my high-ranking pack members, I took a ride into the city. Tamryn was on my mind as usual, and I worried that I may have messed up with her again.

I never know if I'm going to see her, and out of not knowing, I do things to get my mind off of her. Mindy wasn't a big deal to me. She was something to do and take care of an urge...nothing more.

Of course, after the stunt she pulled a few days ago, I know she wants more. Tamryn didn't block me, but she didn't answer or call me back, and I was losing my mind.

I stopped at a red light. The next lane, a few cars up, I saw that bastard Mackey. A smile formed on my face, knowing what I was about to do.

My car followed him, anticipating our interaction. His car pulled into the parking lot of a fancy restaurant.

Davis must be with him.

I followed one car behind them and parked where I could get a good view. He opened the backseat door, and I growled seeing Davis emerge. I thought about Nicky and took the safety off my gun.

Before I could get out...Tamryn got out after, and my heart dropped.

"What the fuck?"

They held hands while walking into the restaurant and I just sat in my car confused. I had so many questions while my stomach began to turn.

"Is he the friend she was talking about?"

My anger was beginning to get the best of me and there were too many innocent bystanders for me to go rambo. I definitely didn't want to hurt Tamryn.

I drove off and made my way to Raven pack territory. I figured I'd cause some damage there and let the chips fall were they may....I was fucking ready.

My gamma Chet met me at their border. We made our way into the woods and I took the grenade launcher out of the bag. We climbed up the side of the cliff and laid on the rocks on top of the hill. It was the perfect view of their land and a great way to get accurate targets.

Chet was pumped while he loaded the launcher with the first grenade. I fired a few shots, blowing up their cars, big trucks, and security booth.

"Oh shit!" Chet laughed.

I didn't want to do too much, I'm saving that for the face to face.

Davis always got everyone else to do his dirty work, but he was going to have to see me one way or the other.

And in the back of mind, seeing him with Tamryn just added fuel to the fire.

***

It's been two weeks, and Davis has been very controlling since we decided to work things out between us. I didn't like the uneasy feeling I was having around him.

The way he would look at me, speak to me and even how he fucked me was unsettling.

To make matters worse, I missed Sterling so much and couldn't stop thinking about him since the night we spent together. My body would tingle randomly at different times of the day and night and I could smell his scent even though he wasn't around.

I put two and two together realizing that Sterling was a werewolf but an Alpha like Davis. With his size and strength it made sense, he was actually taller than him.

Thankfully, Davis has been busy lately. I overheard that his pack territory was attacked a week ago. I pulled my hidden phone from between my mattress and saw that Sterling tried to reach me.

I called him back but didn't get any answer. Then the girl that was at his place popped into my head. I followed my instincts and jumped in my car.

After twenty minutes or so, I got close to his gate, and my phone rang...it was Sterling.

"What's up?"

"Let me in the gate..."

"You're here?" He genuinely sounded surprised.

"Should I leave?"

With those words, the gate began to open. Out of nowhere, he stood there inside waiting for me.

Yeah, he's definitely not human.

I pulled my car in, and he got inside.

"You missed me?"

"Obviously.."

He gave me a smirk, and I drove into his community, then parked in his driveway. Before we got out of the car, he leaned to the side and stared at me.

"How did you meet Davis?"

My heart raced. I wasn't ready for his questions but I felt safe answering him.

"It's a long story...who's that girl that was asking about her panties?"

"A random...Are you and him serious?"

"We were but now he's being weird."

"Is that why you're here now....Am I your rebound?"

He touched my thigh then squeezed.

"N-No...I really missed you."

He leaned forward. "Why?"

I couldn't believe he was asking me all these questions but I was tired of hiding how I feel about him.

"You're all I think about, Sterling. No matter how I try to move on whether it's with my ex or the other two that I dated....My heart always comes back to you."

He stared at me in awe. "Can you see my thoughts or something? How are you able to say exactly how I feel about you?"

My body felt warm as I got the urge to put my hand on his chest. It began to sparkle underneath my palm and I quickly pulled my hand away.

"How did you do that?...It felt good."

"I-I don't know."

He looked around then back at me. "Let's go inside."

Once we got settled in, we both were sitting up in his bed while I straddled him.

"Okay, just relax and focus."

I gave him a nod then took a deep breath. He gently rubbed my thigh and my body began to warm up. I placed my hand over his heart again and my palm sparkled again.

I took slow deep breaths as we both closed our eyes and let the feeling take over me.

When I opened my eyes, Sterling's were still closed. I grabbed his hand and pressed it against my chest...his hand sparkled too.

"Sterling...open your eyes."

He looked at me then noticed his hand and he smiled. My energy was flowing through him.

"How does that feel?"

I giggled. "Very good...it's like a very relaxing massage."

"You're a Nova."

I removed my hand, and the sparkle went away from his. "A what?"

"You are a Nova, Tamryn. You were either born from the stars or your abilities were passed down to you from the stars."

"I don't understand."

"You were chosen just like my mother was."

Sterling touched my cheek while staring into my eyes. I've never felt so seen before in my life, and it felt amazing.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

There were loud bangs coming from the front door, and Sterling got up to see who it was.

"Stay here, Tamryn, and lock the door."

I gave him a nod, then did what he said. I peeked out the window and saw a black SUV parked out front blocking the driveway.

Then I saw Davis get out the passenger side.

"Oh Shit..."