OPPOSITION

I knew Alpha Sterling was in trouble and it was all because of that fucking girl, Tamryn. She's been acting like he's already hers, making demands or that she would go find him herself.

There was no way I was going to sit back and let her take over. I made my way over to his house where she was staying. My dislike for her was growing...she's not even a werewolf and shouldn't be on pack territory.

"Mindy, where are you going?" A pack member asked.

"To help find our Alpha."

I continued towards the front door and knocked. I'm going to dread being around her but I need her help to find Sterling.

"Hello." Tamryn looked surprised.

"Hey, when are you going to find my Alpha?"

"Merla said tonight."

Tamryn walked away from the door and sat in the living room. She sat down and sipped coffee. I came inside after shutting the door.

"Oh okay. Do you or her have an idea of where he could be?"

"If his werewolf instincts are still intact, Merla said he would be at the Wolf Cave."

"And if he's not there?"

Tamryn looked scared. "Then he's not in this world."

"You mean...like another dimension?"

She gave me a nod and my heart ached. Our pack would never be the same without him...who was even competent enough to take his place?

My worries got the best of me, and I spoke my true thoughts.

"Our Alpha has been through so much already. It's like every since he's met you, it's been nothing but problems."

She looked at me with guilt.

"I wasn't trying to be a burden on him..."

"Well you are, and if you care about him so much, you would leave him alone and move on with your own kind."

"No, I love him, and I'm not going anywhere."

A smirk formed on my face.

"Ohhh, so he HAS fucked you. I get it, Sterling's sex will make you think you're in love. He is really good, but sweetheart, you're no one special."

"Yeah, you slept with him too...big deal."

"No, I FUCKED him....right over there in that chair."

I pointed to the dining room area but she kept her eyes on me, then looked down.

"Good for you," she said softly.

"I don't think you understand the life of an Alpha. They have a lot of responsibilities that weigh on them. And they need to release stress constantly."

She was now focused on my words.

"Sterling has many females to choose from...a different one for everyday of the week. No one woman will ever change that."

"We'll see."

I could see Tamryn was getting upset, my words were true. I know she's been around Sterling long enough to see the way he is with women.

"He may say he loves you but in reality...Sterling loves pussy. Now, if you still wanna stick around for the amazing sex, I completely understand."

I leaned back as her eyes began to water. Tamryn claims to be so in love but reminding her of who my Alpha really is was getting to her.

"You can leave now."

I got up and left with a smile...my second round with Tamryn was a success.

***

After my talk with Mindy, her words replayed in my head. I'm sure she would know more about werewolf life than I would, so there wasn't any need to debate.

Only time will tell if her words still fit who Sterling is as an Alpha.

Merla got Gamma Chad and a dozen others in high rank to take us on our mission to find their Alpha.

My stomach was in knots at the possibility of us not finding him. We drove to the border of the woods and devised our plan.

"I need everyone to take groups in different directions to cover more land. He's still in this world, I can feel his energy." Merla gave directions.

My hands were cold as the breeze blew through the trees. The moon lit our pathway and I felt a sensation go up my spine.

Tamryn, come to me.

I looked around, noticing no one else could hear his voice but me. My eyes closed, trying to focus on his energy. It felt darker than usual but still felt like Sterling.

Baby, where are you?

Follow my scent.

Within seconds, there it was...Sterling's familiar musk. It always made me feel calm. My legs followed my nose and Merla and the other walked the other way.

My focus was taken by him and I wanted to touch his flesh again. I was aware that the Shadow demon could very well be controlling Sterling right now but I was ready.

A big cave came into view and Merla's words came true.

"This has to be Wolf Cave."

The cave was carved from the mountain amongst the huge trees. It was a big pitch black entrance and I stood away assessing what I was seeing.

"You came...."

Red glowing eyes slowly appeared through the blackness and I took a hard swallow.

"S-Sterling?"

He walked forward completely naked with his long canines hanging out of his mouth. My fear increased as he walked a little closer...I took a step back.

A smile formed on his face. "Hey baby."