TEMPTED

A few weeks after my failed surprise lunch delivery, Larenz couldn't care less that I was still bummed. He was working a lot, so I barely saw him when I was awake.

Between working extra shifts at Onyx Customs and partying with Nicky...I was definitely an afterthought of my boyfriend.

I tried to make the best of the situation by hanging with my girlfriends. They were the perfect vibe to get me in a better mood.

"Oooh, girl, who are you trying to impress?" My friend Tischa smiled.

I wore a half shoulder royal blue dress. It stopped at my knees and hugged my curves perfectly. My natural curls touched my shoulders.

"Okay Tam! We're about to have a blast tonight!" Dee added to the excitement.

"Come on, ladies. Let's take one for the road."

Dee handed us a shot glass of Tequila.

"What happens at the club stays at the club."

I shook my head as we all laughed and took our shots. One last look in my mirror, and I was ready to go.

We drove downtown in the city with the car radio blasting while singing to the top of our lungs. This was the energy that I missed and needed.

We parked and made our way to Club Ecstasy. Luckily for us, the line to get in wasn't long. Everyone was dressed to the nines, and I smiled at the different styles, walking by.

Once inside, we instantly went to the dance floor. After two songs of dancing and one margarita, I needed to take a bathroom break. On my way to find the restrooms, I was grabbed by my arm.

"Hey, beautiful."

"Hello." I spoke and took my arm back.

"Are you here by yourself?"

"No, but excuse me."

I had to go to the ladies' room before I made a mess. The line to the bathroom was long, but I couldn't wait. There was no line to the men's room, so I took my chances.

I hurried inside. It was empty. "Yes!"

I went into the stall, feeling victorious. After I finished my business, relief took over me. Then I heard the main door open. I wiped, took my heels off, and stood on the toilet.

"Bruh, that chick in the red had a fat ass!"

"Hell yeah. You better get her before I do."

"Oh, trust I will."

Hearing the men talk made me giddy. I shook my head, waiting for them to leave.

"Yo, you see Larenz grinding up Renee?"

"She bad as fuck. I don't blame him."

The name made me freeze in place. What was the likelihood that they were talking about my boyfriend?

Once they left, I washed my hands and rushed out, nearly getting knocked over by the man coming in.

"Oop! Sorry."

I put my heels back on and walked back onto the main floor to find my friends. Wandering around, I began thinking maybe Larenz was here too.

"We meet again." The same man who grabbed me earlier was blocking my way.

"No thank you." I tried to go around but he wouldn't move.

"I just wanna talk, give me a chance."

I looked through the crowd for my friends but didn't see anyone. Then like an answer to my prayer I saw Sterling and I exhaled in relief.

"Sterling! Hey Sterling!"

I was crazy to think he could hear me over the loud music but he did. When we locked eyes, I waved and he smiled.

"Oh, is that your man?" The man took a step back.

"Yes."

"Hey Tamryn." Sterling smiled at me...he smelled so good.

"Baby, I've been looking all over for you." I nudged past the man and grabbed Sterling's hand.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, then looked at the guy who quickly walked away.

"I am now. Thank you so much."

He didn't say a word while leading me with him through the crowd.

I looked around, hoping to see my friends, but then my eyes locked on Larenz. He was dancing up against a woman from behind. Her head was laid back on his shoulder as his face was nestled in her neck.

I stopped, letting go of Sterling's hand, and the music changed.

"You wanna dance?" He asked.

I looked up into his eyes, and before I could answer, he grabbed my waist. My heels gave me a little height as our body swayed and rocked to the caribbean beat.

🎵I just wanna be close to you. And do all the things you want me to.

His hold became tighter, but it felt so good. I felt safe, wanted, and forgot all about Larenz grinding on another woman.

"Thanks for saving me again."

"No worries. I like being your man."

I blushed and smiled. "That's sweet of you to say."

"I'm serious..." He looked into my eyes, and my inner thighs warmed up.

"It sounds crazy, but I was hoping that I would see you here."

My heart raced. "Me too."

The music continued to play, and our bodies followed. It felt like it was just me and Sterling on the dance floor. He put his lips against my neck, and the warmth from his breath made my nipples firm.

🎵Something deep inside of me....wants to love you endlessly. When we touch...girl you don't know how it makes me feel.

"I just can't believe it's real...I can't believe it's real," I sang the words to the song lost in my body's movements.

"Mmmm...I wanna kiss you so bad." He wrapped both his arms around me.

"Do it." I said.

We slowed down, looking in each other's eyes. Then I saw a hand tap Sterlings shoulder.

Sterling turned around, and I looked with him.

"Larenz..."