FATE

When I awoke, I was no longer in Wolf Cave. Sterling's room was dark but warm. Then I realized he was lying next to me.

"You're finally awake."

He instantly went on top of me already, fully erect. My center was instantly wet from his sudden dominance of my body.

Sterling took his time easing inside of me...the sensation was so satisfying. My moans were taken with each of his thrusts and he didn't stop until I screamed in pleasure and coated his hardness with my cum.

"I've been waiting three days to do that again."

He kissed my lips then continued his strokes. There were hard knocks heard against the front door but Sterling didn't stop until he released himself.

He groaned with his final thrust and shivers went through my spine and legs.

"Mmmm...Are you going to answer the door?" I asked, trying to catch my breath.

"Should I?"

I nodded my head and he kissed my lips. Sterling pulled himself out of me and dressed. My body wasn't ready to move yet so I turned to my side and went back to sleep.

BOOM!

A loud blast woke me out of my sleep, and I immediately got out of bed and threw on his t-shirt.

When I opened the door, smoke blew into my face. It caused me to choke, but I gained my breath back.

"Sterling! Sterling!"

I called for him but didn't get a response. I continued down the stairs and saw a huge hole where the front door used to be.

"W-What's going on?"

There were people carrying rifles and vests on with ammunition crowding around the side of the stairs. The dining room and living room looked like it had been on fire.

"Sterling?"

They parted from what they were staring at...my heart dropped, and my knees buckled.

"OH MY GOD!!!! NO!!!"

Sterling laid on the floor with no legs and a missing arm. The left side of his face was gone. The smell of burnt flesh made my stomach turn.

"Tamryn.."

I saw Davis walking towards the bottom of the stairs. My body shook with despair and shock.

I told him to open the door.

The tears poured down my face. I felt like I was going to lose it.

"Tamryn, come to me. You're okay...I'm here to help you."

Before he could touch me, I passed out.

***

It's been six months since Tamryn has regained consciousness.

But she will not talk or leave the room. I tried to touch her, and my hand was shocked with a high voltage...my ears rang for hours after.

She wouldn't look at me, and when she did, I felt my skin prick with what felt like needles. Her power was definitely there, and I wasn't giving up on gaining her trust again.

Having a Nova as your mate and companion was a true gift. Sterling's death was fate, even though I knew Tamryn would never understand. She hated me, but as long as she is in my care and possession, I will sleep well at night.

The Onyx pack was completely destroyed by the shadow demons. Me and a few of my men barely made it out alive after the attack.

We kept surveillance of Sterling's home, and with no backup on his end, I knew we could kill him with a surprise attack. If he would've just given me Tamryn like I asked, he would probably still be alive.

"Alpha Davis, Elder Merla is done talking to the Nova."

Merla and two other Onyx pack members survived. She said she would help with Tamryn if I provided her shelter and food...I agreed.

"So, how is she doing?"

"She still doesn't acknowledge you, but she's doing well."

"Is there a way for me not to be harmed by her?"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't think she'll ever let me get near her without hurting me...Is there any way to get around that?"

"You have been near her. You just can't touch her."

"That's the problem...if she's my mate..."

Merla interrupted. "Well, that's the thing...she isn't your mate. Sterling claimed her."

"He's dead."

A smirk formed on her face. "Oh...you think she's the one causing you pain when you touch her."

"Yes, of course. How else would that happen?"

She was about to speak but stopped herself.

"I don't know...your guess is as good as mine. Enjoy your evening, Alpha Davis."

Merla quickly walked out, leaving me confused.

"He can't still be alive....can he?"

With those words, my gamma Murph ran into my office. He was breathing heavily.

"Alpha, some of our pack members have turned up missing. There is no trace of an attack or struggle in their homes."

I quickly followed him to town hall. I was given a list of twelve names. Each one was a different age, and all were female. I quickly thought about Tamryn and went to her room.

When I opened the door she was still there. She sat in a chair facing the window.

"Tamryn?"

As all the other times, she didn't respond to me. My anger was beginning to rise, and I turned the seat around...I fell back to the floor.

"What the hell...."

Her eyes were pitch black as she looked at me. I got up to leave, and the door slammed before I could get close to it.

"T-Tamryn, what are you doing?"

She began to speak, but the voice wasn't hers.

"Hello, Davis, it's good to see you."

My blood ran cold, and I fell to my knees in disbelief.

"This can't be...there's no way."

A big smile formed on her face.