INTERRUPT

I smiled when I saw Marcus waiting for me outside, but all the while, his son's mother was at the back of my mind. Her words were not a priority, but they weren't ignored either.

"Hey, beautiful."

I hugged him, then grabbed my bag as I made my way to his car. He planned a romantic weekend for us, but I was nervous. I didn't know if he was expecting sex and I wasn't sure if I was ready.

As we drove off, I thought of how much I enjoyed his company and the conversations we've had. After ten minutes of driving, he broke the silence.

"I'm looking forward to the weekend. Are you?" He held my hand then placed a kiss on it.

I gave a soft grin. "Yeah..."

He could sense my hesitation. "What's wrong?"

I took a deep breath and gathered my words of how I felt. Marcus has been so sweet to me, but I don't think I owed him my body because of that.

"Are you expecting sex?"

His smile went away, and he took a deep breath. I was beginning to get anxious.

"I'm expecting you to enjoy yourself. Whether sex is involved is up to you."

I let out a sigh of relief as he continued driving. We sat in silence for a few minutes, then his phone rang.

"Hello?...Oh, how are you?"

My eyes stayed focused on the road and didn't want to appear nosey. His body language remained comfortable while he periodically smiled during his phone conversation.

His son's mother called me number seven...what did she mean?

"Okay, I'll be in touch."

Marcus hung up as I stared at his side profile. He was very handsome, and I knew he had many options in women.

I never cared if he was dating others because I was still getting to know him and didn't want restrictions put on me either.

"I need to make a stop...do you mind?" He asked.

"No, not at all."

"You're a sweetheart."

He pulled up in front of a commercial building, then kissed my lips. The sign on the big window read Vincent's Pawn Shop, and I became curious.

Soon, a black Mustang pulled up next to us with black tinted windows. Marcus got out, heading inside the building.

"I wonder what he's going in there for?" I said to myself.

I felt a chilling sensation run through my body that made me shudder. The window rolled down on the car next to me.

When I looked, my heart almost jumped out of my chest.

"St-Sterling?"

His hair was longer. He looked healthy and happy. Sterling is gorgeous, and I was mad at my body, reacting so lustfully.

Soon, his eyes gave me the familiar haunting stare that made me want to surrender.

***

The look on Tamryn's face made me smile. I got out of the car, and she did the same. Her scent lingered into my nose, making my mouth water.

"Now I see why you've been avoiding me."

"N-No, I've just been busy."

She looked scared and I wanted to hold her. There were many nights I dreamt about Tamryn...me kissing, holding her tight and fucking her into submission.

"You're lying, but it's cool. New man, huh?"

"W-We're dating, getting to know each other. How's Iris and Michelle?"

I chuckled at her dig.

"Don't know. I don't deal with them anymore."

She looked surprised and I could detect her scent of arousal. My wolf was starting to stir inside me.

"Is there a problem?" A male's voice spoke from a distance.

Her little friend came outside the building. His attempt at being intimidating was appreciated, I despise cowards.

"There can be."

I turned to face him and Tamryn stood in front of me.

"No, there is no problem. Let's go, Marcus."

His angry stare was even less impressive and I was disappointed that he wasn't going to attack me.

"Nice meeting you, Marvin, and I'll see you later, Tam."

His brows furrowed at me saying his name wrong. She froze at my words, then got in the car. The anger in his eyes shot daggers towards my direction.... I smiled.

I wasn't at all worried about her new friend, Tamryn was going to be mine.

***

My short meet-up with Marcus just made me $50,000 richer. But something even better happened when I walked out of the pawn shop. I couldn't believe one existed here in my city...a living Nova. That energy and scent were unforgettable. It sent my senses heywire.

A few years back, I was told by a witch that I would make one my Luna once my pack reached a high status in money and rank. My belief became stronger once the Raven pack acquired wealth two years ago.

The Onyx pack was still at the top, but I planned on changing that soon.

Having a Nova as my Luna would guarantee the survival of my pack and the superior genetics of my children.

"Alpha Davis, there's some opposition gaining route to our pack territory. Everyone is ready for their arrival."

My Beta informed me of the possible fight that may ensue at our grounds, but my pack is always ready.

"Let them believe we are unaware of their visit then handle them accordingly."

"Yes, Alpha."

The Raven wolf pack can handle things in my absence. For now, I need to find the woman that delicious scent belongs to.