SEEN

A month has passed since Tamryn witnessed the Raven pack members shift into werewolves.

She tried to wrap her head around what she saw and was terrified to be around Davis or be on pack territory.

After some time to think and letting her man teach her about his species, Tamryn began to understand their way of life. Things began to make sense to her along with the realization of other supernatural beings.

As their relationship progressed, Davis wanted to make it official.

He wanted not only his pack to know Tamryn was his mate but outside packs. And there was no better place than the yearly Sentinel banquet held by Alpha Toma of the Sentinel pack.

Alphas come from all over the world, bringing their Lunas, Betas, and Gammas. Everyone would dress to the nines dancing, drinking, and mingling amongst each other.

Now that Alpha Davis has Tamryn, he wanted to make sure that all the Alphas knew who she belonged to.

While the Raven pack trained, she had a front row seat. She was in awe at their strength and fighting skills.

A flash of light glared in her vision, causing her to blink rapidly, then rub her eyes.

"What the hell is wrong with me?"

Tamryn closed her eyes. Visions of a huge wolf ripping other wolves' bodies open made her anxiety rise. She tried to block the images, but it wouldn't stop.

She covered her mouth in horror as the wolf's sharp fangs dripped with blood. Her eyes opened, but the same glare hit her sight, causing her to close them back.

That's when she saw Sterling with glowing red eyes, sharp fangs, and his mouth dripping with blood.

He stood in the woods completely naked, causing Tamryn's eyes to roam his sculpted tan body. When they went lower, she gasped as her hands squeezed the arms of the chair.

Oh my God.

Her stare moved back up, and once his eyes focused on her, a rush of pleasure took over her body. She unconsciously grinded the chair. It felt like he could really see her as his eyes pierced into her like prey.

Come to me, Tamryn.

"No!"

She yelled, forcing her eyes open. Her chest quickly rose and fell as she tried to calm herself. Then she noticed, now all eyes were on her.

"S-Sorry."

She got up, walking away embarrassed.

***

These past few months have been different for me. I'm still mourning my best friend, and I don't see life as I used to. Things have been running smoothly, but my urge for revenge would not go away.

We all knew who was responsible for me being shot and Nick's murder, but the elders wanted me to stand down. They think I've been through too much and need to heal, not only physically but mentally.

I thought I had everything I wanted, but something always feels missing. No amount of work, women or money could take this feeling away, and it was starting to take its toll on me.

"Good morning, Alpha."

My gamma Chet came into my office with papers in his hands, which means more work.

"Good morning."

He took a seat with worry on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"How have you been?"

The worry was because of me. If the Alpha isn't stable, the pack won't be either.

"I'm a lot better. I'm just staying busy. How about you?"

"I'm good if you're good. Your invitation came in."

He gave me the red envelope.

"Damn, I haven't been to one of these in a while."

I attended the Sentinel Banquet a few years back when I first became Alpha. Although egos were thrown around, it was a nice event for the most part.

"Are you attending?....You should."

"Yeah, I'll attend."

Chet smirked. "Good, I already RSVP'd on your behalf."

I shook my head and laughed.