Chapter 22

Onika's POV
Bey's Home
May 10

I realised if I dwelled on things too long then they'd drain me. So I put a pause on the crying. I'd cried too much around Bey and Kelly.

I was locking my tears away, until further notice.

"I'm fine." I reassured Robyn and Lauren over the phone.

"Nika, you were gone for a month and reappeared out of nowhere. You're clearly not fine." Robyn pressed.

"I'll tell y'all everything in due time. When I get myself together enough."

"You don't need to tell us anything until you're ready." Lauren responded.

"I really do wanna say it all." I sighed. "Just give me time."

"That's ok with us. Right, Rob?" Lauren spoke again.

"Yes." Robyn kept it short.

"I have some news for y'all though." I chirped.

"Let's hear it, Nika." Lauren showed interest.

"I'm pregnant."

I'd been trying to get used to the idea of having another kid. I still hadn't made the decision of what to do with it though.

"No way!" Lauren screamed into the phone. Then I heard her apologise to Ermias for being loud.

I giggled and waited for Robyn's reaction. "Rob?"

"I'm happy for you." She spoke, I could hear the slight disappointment in her voice. "How far along are you?"

"Literally only like 8 weeks, so roughly 2 months."

"Two months...two months...two-" Lauren repeated and I furrowed my brows wondering where this was going. "You got pregnant in Cuba?"

"Well, yeah."

There was a comfortable silence on my end of the call as the girls discussed my pregnancy. Overall, they were both excited for me. Surprisingly, Robyn didn't make a comment about the father of my unborn child.

"Please don't make me the godmother to this one. You know I'm not good with kids." Robyn joked.

"Just for that, I'll make you the godmother."

"Lucky me."

"I'll give you godmothering tips." Lauren joined and we all laughed.

"I'll talk to y'all later, I need to go find Mora."

"Tell my goddaughter I love and miss her."

"Ok, bye guys."

"Bye." They both spoke in unison before ending the call.

I hopped up off my bed and headed to the backyard. The backyard was huge. It was like Central Park.

That's an exaggeration but it was still pretty big.

As I headed out, I bumped into Bey. She was coming from the backyard. "Hi."

"Hi. If you're going to check on Mora, she's playing tag with the other kids." She read my mind and smiled at me.

"Oh, thank you."

"I was heading to the movie room. Wanna come?"

"Sure." I responded and she led the way.

I'd only been to the movie room once since I got here. It was down in the basement.

When we got in there, there were some cleaners dusting off the area and cleaning up popcorn. Bey thanked them before they left and we got seated.