Chapter 23

Beyoncé's POV
Farmhouse
May 13

I hadn't been to the farmhouse in a week, so I was going for my checkup. When I had my main New York warehouse cleaned out, I had everything moved to my farmhouse.

I parked my car in front of the farmhouse and turned it off. I got everything I needed and headed to the front door.

I put my fingers on the entry pad and the door unlocked.

I walked through the main area and walked towards my office. Once I'd gotten around my desk, I walked up to the bookshelf. I pulled down a book and the door opened.

I walked through the door, closing it behind myself and walked down a long hallway. When I got to the end, it opened before I could do it myself.

I was greeted by some people and noted what was being stocked. This wasn't a warehouse, but I kept some stuff here.

"He's still breathing?" I questioned as I approached the large door in the back.

"Yes."

"Have y'all been feeding him like I asked?"

"Yes."

"Open the door for me." I waited and one of the men standing outside unlocked it and guided me down.

When we got down, there was Meek. He was sat in a chair in the middle of the room. Tied to the chair and his feet were chained to the floor.

"Hey, Meeky boy. How's Houston treating you?" I chuckled as I walked into his sight.

He wasn't responding, his head hung low. I walked closer to him and kicked his foot. "Wake up. This isn't fun if you don't respond."

He still didn't answer so I backhanded him. He turned his head and spat blood out. I scrunched my face.

"Let's talk business." I clicked my fingers and one of the men brought me a chair. I spun it around and sat in it backwards. "Where is your warehouse?"

I aggressively patted his cheek three times. "Bitch!" He spat and I fake gasped.

"I'm offended." I raised my hand to my chest. "Back to the question."

"Are my kids ok?" He rasped.

"That's not what I asked you." I was unamused.

"I d-" I punched him in the jaw before he could finish his lie.

"Lie again."

"Ugh." He groaned when I slapped him again.

We sat in silence for a minute before I stood from my seat. I took my jacket off and threw it to one of the three men in the room.

"Give me a second." I signalled for them to leave. Once they'd gone, I walked towards one of the cupboards in the back of the dark room.

I looked through the many toys I kept in here. I couldn't find what I wanted so I dug in my pocket.

"There they are." I chirped when I found my rings.